SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2013 Annual Rideout Plan and discussions for next years event

Old 18-06-13, 11:58 AM   #961
Jason H

Default Re: AR2013 Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNewbie View Post
I had a bit of a scare yesterday. Passing the bike I had a look over the tyre as I often do and spotted a little metallic object stuck in the tyre. Had a bit of a prod and couldn't get it out so started to panic that I had a little nail in the tyre (having just moved flats this month, paying double rent and having two deposits outstanding I'm in no position to replace it before the AR!).

When I got back from doing what I was doing I thought bugger it, I'm not happy riding with a nail in the tyre regardless so I prodded a little harder and it came out. Turned out to be a tiny shard of something vaguely metallic (although it felt more like glass) about the size of a blob of solder. Considering how tiny it was it left quite a cut though not through the normal depth of tread so still safe.
Well I currently have one of my calipers in pieces on the floor in the living room awaiting parts that will "hopefully" fix it...

Panic, Panic, Panic........
Mods: Renthal Flat bars, 's' clutch perch, GSXR front master cylinder, CNC shorty levers, Tail Tidy, Fuel Mini S/S Slip-on, 15/47, 's' Swing-arm, Pillion seat cowl, GSXR 750 front end, CNC polished top yoke, R6 Throttle tube, GSXR rear shock

Jason H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 12:17 PM   #962
Fallout
Mega Poster

People have been riding bikes with 1 rotor for ages. You'll be fine!
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 12:28 PM   #963
Jason H

Hahaha, now if I could plumb it so it only ran a single line rather than splitting that would very much work.

Never mind, seals should be here tomorrow so fingers crossed I can sort it.

Also got braided lines on the way incase it was the lines but don't think they'll arrive in time...
Mods: Renthal Flat bars, 's' clutch perch, GSXR front master cylinder, CNC shorty levers, Tail Tidy, Fuel Mini S/S Slip-on, 15/47, 's' Swing-arm, Pillion seat cowl, GSXR 750 front end, CNC polished top yoke, R6 Throttle tube, GSXR rear shock

Old 18-06-13, 12:33 PM   #964
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
People have been riding bikes with 1 rotor for ages. You'll be fine!
Not entirely sure you're the best person to be offering brake advice Mr.Fallout. Given your recent exploits.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 12:35 PM   #965
Jason H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Not entirely sure you're the best person to be offering brake advice Mr.Fallout. Given your recent exploits.

Ooo, what'd he do this time?

Old 18-06-13, 12:40 PM   #966
Fallout
Mega Poster

I think you'll find with all my braking adventures, I'm probably more qualified than anyone! :-p
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 12:52 PM   #967
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
I thought we'd cleared up that if not drinking inside the pub you can bring as much food and drink as you wish but that it would be nice if some money was passed to the pub since they have allowed us the use of the field for free.

If I confused things there for anyone in the earlier thread on the subject then my sincerest apologies.

With regards to the lunch stop you are more than welcome to attend. I'm sure Job would be happy to divulge the location on the day as he has already agreed to do so with others who cannot be there for the start of the ride out.

Possibly a slight oversight on our part but loomies will be open as usual sunday (I'll check the times).

And we hope as many members as possible have as enjoyable time as possible and will do everything feasible to facilitate that.
glad to see a spirit of welcome and making it inclusive rather than exclusive, as any good AR should be, thanks for that.

not that I'd advise it, but you'll find the SV400 came with a single front disc.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 01:20 PM   #968
Spank86

Not a problem Rictus.

I was reminded earlier that the reason we decided on the Saturday breakfast not Sunday was that everyone will be up at the same time Saturday but with a skinfull in some of us sat night and people leaving at different times Sunday it was considered that a fixed breakfast time wouldn't have worked as well.

This AR has been planned as a team and along with all the pro's there's the unfortunate con that whilst we've all been involved with everything we haven't necessarily all (or me anyway) remembered every detail correctly. Luckily between us we can fill in the blanks about things we set in place months ago.
Old 18-06-13, 02:14 PM   #969
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Me n mand really looking forward to it.. not seen some of you in ages .. years !

Looks like a return to good old field tents beer and chat ... I like that .

By the way I am currently in a local play at the theatre.. a role that has required me to gain 2 stone ... I will lose it after .. just so u all know..
Old 18-06-13, 03:38 PM   #970
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default AR2013 Chat Thread

LPH, seems they are open till 5 and as I work till 4 should be able to make it down there tomorrow for you!