SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 15-06-13, 07:52 PM   #41
Runako

Default Re: New Video - Crossgates to Newtown Run on an SV650 (Epic Road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
I've said nothing on this thread I wouldn't say face to face. I also find that unless you are being insulting, which it would take a lot of provocation to make me do, you can say whatever you like face to face, because its not what you say, its how you say it. Trips to casualty would usually involve somebody being insulting, or the person having the tact and interpersonal skills of a goat, or the recipient just being a maniac.

Whether critical feedback is welcome is again entirely down to the recipient, and whether or not their open minded and honest enough with themselves to receive it. Put things in an internet forum however, and don't be surprised if you get some.

BTW, I don't carry a camera on my helmet and have no interest in doing so, so I won't be posting any videos.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Well no one is compelling you to carry a camera or post videos against your will. But you're deliberately avoiding the point in that anyone can criticise from a distance without knowing the context of a thing. What you think is helpful criticism is perhaps based on your point of view of what you saw. This may be valid but its also fair to say there is a point of view (that of the rider) which you may not be able to appreciate.

Now no one is insulting you so lets leave it at that. You made your point. Just because it wasn't endorsed by me doesn't mean we should labour this debate. Although I welcome you to Wales to come for a ride sometime. Genuine invitation.
Old 15-06-13, 07:54 PM   #42
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
Funny isn't it, they bin it or mess up a corner and we're the first ones shouting about how much better it should have been done at 200mph and then on the Sunday we go out and wobble round a roundabout at 40mph.
Flippin Rossi. Only 7th! Does he even know how to ride a bike? Cor blimey mate. I could do better! ( Or at least that's what I was thinking during today Moto GP qualies)
Old 16-06-13, 06:07 AM   #43
Fordward

Default Re: Re: New Video - Crossgates to Newtown Run on an SV650 (Epic Road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
lets leave it at that.

Although I welcome you to Wales to come for a ride sometime. Genuine invitation.
Happy with that, not sure why it warranted this many posts in the first place TBH

Thanks for the invite, but Wales is a long way, and I'm not much up for attending sv650.org events any more, unless its with people I already know and want to see again.

Those of this forum that ride with me know I'm smooth and safe, and very quick when I want to be, though that's not very often nowadays, I have a wife and son to return home to so prefer to leave plenty room for error. I've lead rideouts on a 43bhp trail bike with nobbly tyres and had SV and sportsbike riders comment that they're struggling to keep up. I'm still alive after 21 years riding and can honestly say I've never crashed unless I already knew I was pushing beyond my ability (i.e. I was riding balls out on the limit and taking silly risks), and its very rare I have any type of butt clenching moment.

I don't have anything to prove by coming to Wales and dont feel that I need to see anymore of the riders in the videos in order to justify my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Fordward; 16-06-13 at 06:12 AM.
Old 16-06-13, 06:38 AM   #44
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Wow, wish I was as amazing as you. However in my opinion you really need to work on your social skills.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-13, 07:34 AM   #45
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
Flippin Rossi. Only 7th! Does he even know how to ride a bike? Cor blimey mate. I could do better! ( Or at least that's what I was thinking during today Moto GP qualies)
Exactly, I'm 31 and I'm just as fast as I was 5 years ago (faster, thanks mark!), what's his problem!
Old 16-06-13, 07:37 AM   #46
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Wow, wish I was as amazing as you. However in my opinion you really need to work on your social skills.
I don't feel the need to be sarcastic, and my social skills allow me to say things to people without ending up in casualty, but hey, we're all different.
Old 16-06-13, 07:41 AM   #47
Spank86

Quote:
I don't feel the need to be sarcastic, and my social skills allow me to say things to people without ending up in casualty, but hey, we're all different.
Just to clarify, You did say earlier you're the same face to face as on the forum right?
Old 16-06-13, 07:42 AM   #48
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Quote:
So long as you're happy with how you come over that's fine. Guess we all just have different opinions on acceptability.
Old 16-06-13, 08:00 AM   #49
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
So long as you're happy with how you come over that's fine. Guess we all just have different opinions on acceptability.
Yes, quite happy thanks. I don't think I've posted anything unacceptable.

I do find it quite ironic though you saying that you can't judge somebody's riding from video footage, yet you feel you can judge somebody's personality and social skills from a few forum posts.
Old 16-06-13, 08:28 AM   #50
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Quote:
Yes, quite happy thanks. I don't think I've posted anything unacceptable.

I do find it quite ironic though you saying that you can't judge somebody's riding from video footage, yet you feel you can judge somebody's personality and social skills from a few forum posts.
Ive seen a few of your posts and from that I feel qualified to form an opinion of how you come across in the forum and to be honest I think you come across as quite an annoying person. But seeing as how I'm never going to meet you in person and in all likelihood you'll be gone from here before too long I'll not be loosing any sleep over it. Please feel free to keep your feedback and opinions to yourself on any AR footage.