SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-05-11, 08:50 AM   #1
PuggledPrune

Default Fitting aftermarket bar ends?

Seems a bit OTT to start a whole new thread for a stupid question but.....

Got R&G bar ends yesterday but noticed they didn't come with the rubbery bits to screw them into. Is there somewhere I can get replacement ones cos one is missing and the other is goosed.

I have an SK3 with stock clip ons if that makes any difference.
Old 07-05-11, 09:49 AM   #2
aaron020873

Default Re: Bar Ends

thats strange when i bought new bar ends i'm sure they come with the rubbery bits, although they weren't r&g ones. so maybe get that checked out with your supplier. I'm sure someone will be along that has bought r&g ones soon to tell you properly.
Old 07-05-11, 09:55 AM   #3
Hoody90

IIRC when I fitted mine I used a mix of the original and R&G fixings. Think it was a case of using the original rubber inserts with the longer bolt for the R&G's. They were only 99p off ebay used though so may not have came with the original R&G fittings.

Hope you get it sorted and they look much better alongside Renthal grips if you haven't already got some fitted!
Old 07-05-11, 12:33 PM   #4
PuggledPrune

Well they came from Demon Tweeks. Not had any problems with them before. There are two different sized bolts but no rubber. I don't even know what to search for online lol
Old 07-05-11, 12:40 PM   #5
Hoody90

I'd call them bar end inserts - there's a couple on eBay in the States but your best option is probably to find some cheap bar ends with the rubber inserts on that fit the bars and just use the rubber inserts off them.
Old 07-05-11, 12:42 PM   #6
PuggledPrune

lol aye probably right. It's a joke though, it's not like they were cheap. At 25 bucks you'd expect the whole kit to be there.
Old 07-05-11, 12:45 PM   #7
Hoody90

They probably just expect you to use your original inserts, try giving R&G a call and see what they say as they may have rubber inserts for other kits etc.
Old 10-05-11, 02:13 PM   #8
PuggledPrune

Well R&G got back to me to say they are an OE part so I called the local Suzuki garage who quoted over 40quid for the bits I need!!

Looks like I'll be getting a cheaper set of bar ends that include the rubber expander!