SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-04-05, 06:51 PM   #1
Muttley

Default Fitting Aftermarket barends

After my recent slide down the road I purchased some Barends from Pro-Bolt, when I took them out of the packet I noticed that the bolts are quite alot shorter than the OEM bolts.

On the Pro bolt webiste they list them as fitting the SV650 K3 (I assume that the fixings would be the same for the S version).

Is there some dark art to fitting them or do I need to have a word with Pro Bolt and try and get a longer bolt?
Old 23-04-05, 06:58 PM   #2
Dicky Ticker

Default As per

No Just pull your old OE ones out and slide the replacements in,doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference
Old 24-04-05, 01:50 AM   #3
trick

yo muttley there is actually a dark art, and it is bloody dark. so dark in fact that black looks light compared to this. when they say in the instructions pull out old OEM bar ends what they mean is pull out the whole assembly not just the end, bolt and sleeve(sleeve/ thread whatever) theres a rubber stopper at the end you will need as well as this is what it screws into dont bother trying to reattach the new bar ends without adjusting this, it wont work. trust me man it took me about 2 hrs to figure this one out on my own, i felt like an idiot when i realised it was so simple. it really isnt hard its just that no one ever bothers to tell people these kind of things.

anyway, hope this helps

TRICK

p.s. you can always do what i did with my renntek bar ends and superglue the plastic brackets into the clipons - it worked and i can always just pull them straight out again if need be