SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-03-05, 03:45 AM   #1
650newb

Default fitting aftermarket indicators

as some of you know i came off a couple of weeks ago and broke off one of my indicators. i have a pair of indicators but dont know how to fit them as they dont have a mounting bracket like the stock ones do, so could someone post how to fit them on a curvy plz
Old 05-03-05, 08:43 AM   #2
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

i think that if you use the indy spacers made by motrax for a gsxr that may work not 100% sure on that though. or do what i did and buy a length of flat aluminium (B&Q will do for that) and make some brackets from that using the originals as a template
dirtydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-05, 12:42 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

front or back ones?

I dont mind coming out for a ride to you mate and giving you a hand (sorry no pun intended there) if you want.

If its the fronts then i'm not sure cos mines a naked as you know, but if its the rears they should be the same as mine i think.

Anyway, let me know
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-05, 03:27 PM   #4
650newb

well its the front ones mainly but may aswell change both at same time
Old 05-03-05, 03:42 PM   #5
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

back ones will fit on no problem with no mods except to the connectors. the front ones you will need to make a plate like i said earlier. or if your interested i can probably knock up a couple, still got the aluminium lying around in the shed somewhere.
Old 05-03-05, 03:56 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Happy to help out anyway i can 650newb, but mayeb take up DD's offer of brackets cos i'll have no idea of what to do on the front.

The wiring is gonna be quite fiddly at the back under the seat etc....anf with your hand the way it is, just give me a shout mate.

Gives me an excuse to get on the bike too
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 05-03-05, 04:04 PM   #7
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

i found it wasnt a problem on the back theres plenty of room under there for extra wiring. fitted leds on the back fitted resistors and exte wiring no probs.
you might have trouble finding a brake pedal, i phoned a few breakers and checked ebay, as ive been looking for one myself just paid £55 for a suzuki one.

pm me if your interested you could have them by the end of next week
Old 05-03-05, 04:12 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog
i found it wasnt a problem on the back theres plenty of room under there for extra wiring. fitted leds on the back fitted resistors and exte wiring no probs. just a thought what year is your sv ive only got templates for the curvey model

no need to answer that, just read your sig!!
Hey DD... i fitted led's to mine to but they are still on super fast flash mode. HGerick want 20quids for a little black box that does the job.

Was your resistor option cheaper than this?
If so, was it easy enough for a novice like me to do? I know jack about electronics but i'm ok at following wiring diagrams etc bizzarley.

Oh and 650newb only has one fully functional hand at the mo. The other is still in a cast i think.
Old 05-03-05, 04:15 PM   #9
650newb

yeah i phone the suzuki spare place up, looks like im going to get the pedal and the fairing from them soon, i might take you up on the offer of making the brackets but ill get back to you on that. i know that youll love the ride up here zig so your always welcome to pop up
Old 05-03-05, 04:34 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650newb
yeah i phone the suzuki spare place up, looks like im going to get the pedal and the fairing from them soon, i might take you up on the offer of making the brackets but ill get back to you on that. i know that youll love the ride up here zig so your always welcome to pop up
Straigh up the A! to you innit?
Lets hope for a dry day soon then