SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-02-08, 01:35 PM   #21
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default Re: Evening....

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
WRONG!!! trust me its a huge step up on all fronts, not least the performance!!
Only if you wind it up to the higher revs and keep it there as you go through the gears - keep it under half revs and there's very little difference.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-08, 02:27 PM   #22
skint

I went from a 600 bandit to a 955 Daytona then GSXR 1000 in less than two years. I think it actually forces you to think more - unless you're a total piltchard of course. Good luck to you.

We had an SV 'in the family' so joined as a result. Only had the SV a few months but there doesn't seem to be another site as 'relaxed' as this one
Old 22-02-08, 06:35 PM   #23
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Warthog
+1, I understood you
Thank you
Old 22-02-08, 06:59 PM   #24
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by svDaveC View Post
Neio79 -would you recommend the move from SV to ZX6, I'm comtemplating trading in the old SV curvy for a new 2007 ZX-6R myself? If I can get affordable insurance that is. I've been on the SV for about 18 months, and on a GS500 for a couple of years before that... I've heard totally conflicting comments re the ZX - for some it's a doddle to ride and great fun, and others say it was a killer, high revs only etc.
Yes i would, i find it far beter in the grin factor department. Its actually quite comfy as well. It is true you have to keep it above 10K to get the most from it, but that just adds to the fun for me , it loves to be ragged and i love to rag it. put it like this i have had 85 in first, just shy of the ton in second 125 in third all on red line. have not looked at 4th on the red line as i was going a bit quickly at that point, and i have not had the balls or space to red line in 5th and 6th YET!! But trust me hit its powere band and it Fing rapid!!
It handles far better and sticks like clue in corners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_God View Post
Only if you wind it up to the higher revs and keep it there as you go through the gears - keep it under half revs and there's very little difference.
mostly yes, keep it on the boil and it will try to throw you off the back at warp speed.