SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
XBox 306 (Basic) 1 2.38%
XBox 360 (Full) 16 38.10%
PS3 9 21.43%
Wii 15 35.71%
Other (please post which) 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-06, 12:00 PM   #1
Baph

Default PS3 vs Wii vs XBox 360

OK folks, I figured I'd get the org's opinion on this one, mainly as I don't have the time to look into it properly.

Opinions please on the PS3, Wii, and XBox 360. The XBox is the only one I really know much about, and even that is fuzzy around the egdes.

The reason I'm asking, is that my eldest suffers from dyspraxia (which we've only just recently found out). For those that don't know what it is, the best way I can sum it up is Attention Deficit Disorder with a touch of Autism, and extreme Anxiety. Nice for a 7 year old huh? Basically this makes it difficult for him to make friends, and he gets frustrated easily (simple ball skills etc), and as a result, this all manifests itself in physical illness.

So anyway, as a general family xmas prsent (mainly for the eldest though), we're contemplating a games console. Hopefully this will benefit hand/eye co-ordination, and act as an escape for him to get away from life's worries. We're learning towards the basic XBox 360 package for xmas, with add-ons purchased in the Jan sales for his birthday in March.

Anyway, back to the point, opinions please
Old 07-12-06, 12:05 PM   #2
Marshall

personally i would go for the 360 premium (no point going for the core system, without the hard drive you cant play old xbox games, you dont get a wireless controller, or the remote, or the HD leads) they are 1/2 price of the PS3 which the graphics may be better on but the game play wont be. Plus you can get them modded real easy (wink wink) so you can use copied games.

saying that the Nintendo Wii looks pretty fun aswell
Old 07-12-06, 12:05 PM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Have a read of this article. Its about the Wii.
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl.../12/06/1641229
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 12:09 PM   #4
ivantate

Not sure but the WII looks the best for co-ordination as you actually move the controller to control the game aswell as pushing the buttons.

Looks quite interesting, the games will be more arcade like than the other 2 therefore easier to pick-up and its also cheaper.
Old 07-12-06, 12:13 PM   #5
mysteryjimbo

This little piggy.........

Wii Wii Wii Wii......................all the way home.

Too much time with my nipper, i'm sure.

I'm biased anyway. Dont put your hopes on them being in stock unless you start queuing tonight.
Old 07-12-06, 12:21 PM   #6
Ping

If I had the cash I'd go for the xbox 360 sooper dooper whatever because I've seen one in action.

Wii can take a flying fu... er.. I mean no thanks. I hate the ads so wouldn't waste my money on one.

ps3.. so far its had rave reviews from you lot so I'd be a fool to buy it....
Old 07-12-06, 12:22 PM   #7
Grinch

I'd like a Wii, but then I'm cheap... any one see that 'Wii Vs PS3' advert on Bravo the other night?
Old 07-12-06, 12:22 PM   #8
Alpinestarhero

A Wii, mister! Give your child a Wii for xmas and he/she wont be sdissapointed! In addition to being just brilliant, the contoller encourages the kid to get active and move about and stuff, so its good excersise too!

Matt
Old 07-12-06, 12:31 PM   #9
Kylie

I voted PS3 but thats what I want not what you should get.
And for me simple reason is that I'm addicted to the Gran Turismo series, its why I bought my PS1 and PS2, Gran Turismo HD is out for the PS3 real soon and I'm bound to have a drunken moment on amazon and end up getting them both!
Tourist Trophy is not bad either...
Old 07-12-06, 01:02 PM   #10
wyrdness

The New York Times had this to say this morning:
Quote:
The big picture is that Microsoft and Sony are duking it out for dominance at the top end of the video game business while Nintendo has essentially carved out the less hard-core, more budget-sensitive swath of the market for itself. The Wii (pronounced “we”) is a mass-market entertainment device. The 360 and PS3, by contrast, are each trying to be the world’s best top-end video game system and also high-powered living room media hubs.

The big problem for Sony is that the 360 performs those functions better right now, and for less money, than the PS3. Sony may get the PS3’s act together in the future, but right now there is basically no rational reason to buy a PlayStation 3 instead of an Xbox 360.