SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-09-07, 04:28 PM   #1
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default teaching them a lesson

WARNING LONGISH RANT!

well we all know how utterly annoying and stupid chavs are on their mopeds

firstly on the way home from work this week there was traffic for miles (cricket was on i think) so 90% of the trip home was filtering, then what is this i hear!, could my bike be about to blow up?!, no its a chav behind me on his loud yet slow scrambler, so i did the best i could to get away from him, then as the roads began to clear and it was back to normal (but still slow) riding he was right up behind me blipping his little hairdryer, so when the roads cleared there was a Ducati monster in front of me (600 or 100 i don't know but it sounded nice) he beenzed it off the rounderbout to get away. Then once i had got across bearing in mind i still have this idiot behind me i then thought "I'll teach him a lesson", warp speed up the road and left him standing, gooooood i mumbled

then today i went for a ickle ride, i as always was abiding the limit and doing 30 when i could see a scrambler behind the car that was behind me, i thought "i bet he's going to overtake him and try to catch up with me" he does, JUST! (nearly went head on with a Landrover), again this numpty was right up behind me then he went to over take me(YES A 50cc VS A 650cc), i could see a traffic island up ahead so i decided i wouldn't let him past as he would only cut me up to miss the island and cause an accident, so as he came up along side my exhaust i blipped the throttle so he couldn't get past, he then dropped back in behind me (gestures where exchanged) i then went on my merry way looking smug

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-07, 04:58 PM   #2
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Re: teaching them a lesson

Thing about them hairdryer scoots is they have tiny pram wheels and are very nippy / nimble. leave them standing and they'll only catch you up when the traffic clogs up again.
If they are brave / stupid enough to take me on I usually let them pass, that way nobody, especially me, takes any risks.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-07, 05:01 PM   #3
Bear

I see where you're going with this, but I have to play devils advocate here, 'coz getting in the way while I'm filtering is something that winds me up when people on "faster' bikes do it to me.

If he came up behind you and was sitting there behind you, he's faster through traffic than you. You're impression of how or what he rides is nothing to do with that. If he's faster than you through traffic, let him go.

Or you could intentionally p!$$ him off for no benefit to yourself, get him frustrated and more likely to try an even more stupid move and cause an accident.

If there was a traffic island coming up and you thought it may cause an accident, was there room for you to move over to avoid it?

There seems to be an assumption that because someone has a smaller bike than you they are deserving of your scorn. Not cool IMHO. We all learned at some point, and some of us can't afford the DAS or restricted license route.

Like I say, devils advocate. Not trying to belittle you, but you are coming over a little self righteous for someone I assume is a relatively new rider from the 33bhp kit stated in your sig...
Old 08-09-07, 05:05 PM   #4
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

have been riding for 2 years, 6 months on full license

EDIT: the filtering part there was no where for me to go to let him get passed the only way was to go around me, and the bit with the traffic island there was cars parked down the both sides of the road so couldn't really go anywhere, i have had some one do this to me when i was on a 125 and nearly nocked me off

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 08-09-07 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-09-07, 05:20 PM   #5
Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
have been riding for 2 years, 6 months on full license

EDIT: the filtering part there was no where for me to go to let him get passed the only way was to go around me, and the bit with the traffic island there was cars parked down the both sides of the road so couldn't really go anywhere, i have had some one do this to me when i was on a 125 and nearly nocked me off
Fair enough then. It did seem that you'd just decided to give him a hard time for being on a scooter, and if I'm wrong about that then I'm sorry.

Old 08-09-07, 05:46 PM   #6
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

my fault should have made it clear in 1st post

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 08-09-07, 06:19 PM   #7
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

just a question though, are new riders CBT or otherwise not told to respect cars, big bikes ETC was told bye my dad and both teachers on CBT and full test

i can under stand its easy to pi55 off some one in a car when filtering as they usually have the mentality that its not fair that they can jump the traffic and i have to sit in it resulting in them moving out to the double white line to prevent you passing

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 08-09-07, 07:23 PM   #8
ASM-Forever

Respect goes both ways...in an ideal world you show respect to them and they return it!
Old 08-09-07, 07:46 PM   #9
Ratty46

i too let em go....if there infront riding like a **** hopefully they will hit any potential hazard and i will avoid it

when i ride my scoot, i do ride quick, its a nippy nimble little bike,so why not? ...BUT...i never get right up behind people and i pretty much always wave big bikes past rather than hold them up or get in the way
Old 08-09-07, 08:49 PM   #10
RhythmJunkie

Quote:
Respect goes both ways...in an ideal world you show respect to them and they return it
Some R'sholes move over to prevent me filtering but some almost crash trying to get out of the way....my missus reckons they are the bikers being over courteous! I always acknowledge the courtesy with a wave of thanks!

The most dangerous thing for filterers has to be the sudden u-turn! The driver who gets fed up waiting and decides to take his/her brain out before manoeuvering.