SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-07-08, 10:01 AM   #1
Dappa D

Default took my warning stickers off..not impressed, also alpha dot question.larry u about!!

ok so after reading various ways to remove those dreadfull warning stickers i got round to doing it last night.....used a hair dryer...heated said stickers up for 5 mins the pushed off with a soft wooden spatula (the cooking type - if that matters!)

once stickers were removed dipped a rag in my petrol tank....wiped over the sticky gunge most came off...then a little scrub with an alchohol wipe and was perfect...well 2 out of 3 were....

one on the tank...perfect...looks like one was never there....
one on the left hand side of the top fairing...perfect....

then the last one on the right hand side of the top fairing (like by ur right knee if ur in the riding position...the plastic)

i take sticker off as described above.....but the sticker isnt like the others...it isnt placed on top of everything else..paint / finish etc.... its like the sticker was put on then the plastic was shrink wrapped around the sticker (for want of a better description)... theres no finish were the sticker was just bare painted plastic if that makes sense....and i dont mean the sort of little "lip" u can get when removing stickers...not the sort u can polish away....basically this will always look like there was a sticker there and im gutted...anyone experienced this if u can fathom what im on about??!!!!

ok next question...and larry may be able to help as its his old bike..... my bike has 2 alpha dot circular stickers on it.....they look old and worn but u can just make out the alpha dot words....I dont have any paper work ref the alpa dot security and dont really know anything about it...will this mean the bike is registered somewhere and i need to keep the stickers on incease it gets nicked?? (remember i dont have any paper work)..or can i just go ahead and take these off..will they come off the same as the others???

sorry its long winded!!

Thanks in advance

Dappa D
Old 09-07-08, 10:12 AM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: took my warning stickers off..not impressed, also alpha dot question.larry u about!!

Oooops I will dig out my paperwork later for you see if I have any stickers. If I have they are yours but no promises.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 10:29 AM   #3
Stingo

Default Re: took my warning stickers off..not impressed, also alpha dot question.larry u about!!

As I understand it, Alphadot stickers are there to alert the thief/miscreant that a coded microdot has been placed. These microdots are normally painted on from a small phial of gloop (technical term). This is then handed to the owner with a selection of the stickers. The codes on the microdots (which should be all over the bike) are presumably held by the Alphadot people.
Old 09-07-08, 11:03 AM   #4
Dappa D

ah ha..cheers stingo...got me thinking and went onto the alpha dot website...it says all suzuki bikes come with free alpha dot security to the first owner....my bikes a 2000 so may not have been the case then...have a number to call so see what happens!!

Shellywoozle....thanks for the offer...but do you mean see if u have any warning stickers??...i dont wanna put another one of them on I hate them lol....im thinking i might have to find some sad graphics to put on either side...just enough to cover where the sticker was....appreciate the offer tho mate

Dappa D
Old 09-07-08, 12:50 PM   #5
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Yeah I got some silly amount of stickers when I had my bike, dunno what was in them. Thought you may want to cover up your bare plastic. I can't imagine I'd have such a sticker but I was amazed in the crapola I had. I shall not look!

Mmmm get Suzuki Relentless sticker or summat lol gotta be better than sticky gunge he he
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

Old 09-07-08, 01:06 PM   #6
Dappa D

Shellywoozle - cheers hun!!! its not gunge its clean and tidy ...hard to explain lol..... will look for stickers tho..... ur avater looks fun haha!!!

result on the alphadot thing....rang them...gave them my vin no....turns out i give them 15 squids they send me a certigficate and some new stickers...and it transfers to my name...she said theres something like a thousand tiny dots on the bike...result...insurance discount too woooo!!!!! lol

shelly...put ya tongue away!!!!

Dappa D
Old 09-07-08, 01:11 PM   #7
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa D View Post
Shellywoozle - cheers hun!!! its not gunge its clean and tidy ...hard to explain lol..... will look for stickers tho..... ur avater looks fun haha!!! lol

shelly...put ya tongue away!!!!

Dappa D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Mmm my tongue has a mind of its own, and what does that have to do with you calling me scatty, you are not let off the hook mister

NO !!! My tongue has fun !!!!

Old 09-07-08, 01:24 PM   #8
Dappa D

lol.....me thinks my tongue may have found a match in that case ha!!!!...
Old 09-07-08, 01:29 PM   #9
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

I am a good gal honestly !!! My tongue rarely makes contact !!! Especially the avator piccy, NO and i repeat NO contact was made .......... honest
Old 09-07-08, 01:39 PM   #10
Dappa D

haha....female...biker....good gal??? naaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

u seem about as busy as i do!!! in work??