SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 04-10-09, 01:06 PM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default R.I.P Hovis .....

It is with a heavy heart that I post this here as some of you may not have heard that Hovis was involved in an accident yesterday and passed away at the scene . There are no details at the moment other than he didn`t suffer and it was instant .

There are a few threads in Idle banter where you can leave your condolences which are going to be forwarded to the family . There are also a couple of other Threads regarding memories of him and a place to leave any photographs you have of him . He was also doing The Cardiff half marathon and was requesting sponsorship from the good people of the Org for a Cancer Charity , Speedplay set up a thread about that and we took the donations from £270 to well over £700 in just one night . His personal target was £500 .

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140401 For Condolences
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140404 For Good Memories
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140415 For Pictures
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140408 For Donations

He was a top class wind-up merchant and was always hilarious to have around . We often messaged each other and talked about Music as we shared similar tastes , I almost got him to come to see Metallica with me at Knebworth and was really up for coming along to the next big event they did . I have a couple of regrets with Hovis , the first is that he pestered me to come on the Welsh TT and I couldn`t afford it . Like the Gent that he is , he offered to organise it after I was paid so I could afford to go . I told him not to put the rest of you out just to organise it so that one more could come . My other regret is that the last thing I said to him on here was an apology after doubting something he had said on here .... expecting a Wind-up as usual , turned out it was true . At least I got to apologise to him and he was cool about it .

Anyway , pop over to the other threads if you have not done so already and leave your wishes , memories and pictures .

Last edited by xXBADGERXx; 04-10-09 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-10-09, 07:30 PM   #2
Learningcurve

Default Re: R.I.P Hovis .....

****. I havnt been around for ages. Ive just logged on, and this was the first message I saw.

I too have lost friends due to biking. As im sure a few of you know, that was my main reason for hanging up my spurs about a year ago.

My sincere condolences go to Hovis's family and friends.
Old 04-10-09, 07:33 PM   #3
xXBADGERXx

Hi Les , long time no see , shame that you had to see this on your return .
Old 04-10-09, 07:38 PM   #4
Learningcurve

Hiya spadger! told you I was gonna keep an eye on ya!

I still havnt returned to the fold though. I bought a boat with the proceeds from the bikes.

Keep a lookout in the local press. Something like "mad ex-biker fined for doing a ton on the Menai straight in a speedboat"

Keep it rubber side down matey.
Old 05-10-09, 11:07 AM   #5
Kuze

RIP Hovis.

I met him once on the rideout and i'd never forget him.

Stand up bloke who will be missed by all.