SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-12-06, 06:14 PM   #1
Rick-UK

Default Dash lights Question

Hi Guys,

I've had my SV for just over a month now, and loving it! I have a problem with the dash lights though. It seems that there is only one LED and all I can see is the rev counter on the right hand side of the dash. When riding at night I just stay in the left hand lane and stay with the traffic as I can't see my speedo!

I wouldn't have a clue of where to start dismantling things to check to see if an LED has blown or come loose. Would this cost much for a shop to look at and fix for me? It's a 2000 Curvy by the way.

Thanks guys, any advice appreciated!
Rick
Old 06-12-06, 07:56 PM   #2
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Right getting to the back of the clocks sounds more complicated tham it actually is

what you havew to do is take off the nose fairing and then syou should be able to see where the bulbs go, I cant remember exactly how many bulbs there are but they are small capless bulbs normally
Old 06-12-06, 10:40 PM   #3
netsurfer

I think I remember reading that on the pointy they are actually high intensity LEDs

Pete

<edit>

He's got a curvy.. ignore my insane rambling!
Old 07-12-06, 08:59 AM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: Dash lights Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-UK
Hi Guys,

I've had my SV for just over a month now, and loving it! I have a problem with the dash lights though. It seems that there is only one LED and all I can see is the rev counter on the right hand side of the dash. When riding at night I just stay in the left hand lane and stay with the traffic as I can't see my speedo!

I wouldn't have a clue of where to start dismantling things to check to see if an LED has blown or come loose. Would this cost much for a shop to look at and fix for me? It's a 2000 Curvy by the way.

Thanks guys, any advice appreciated!
Rick
Rick me old china. There are 3 bulbs in the clocks. One to the left of the speedo, one to the right of the tach, and one in the middle under the plastic. To replace them is time consuming but not difficult.

Edit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by viney

1st off it involves removing the entire top fairing. Dont worry its not that bad.

Tools
4mm Allen key
6mm Allen Key
8mm spanner
Philips screw driver
small bladed screw driver

1. Remove mirrors
- Undo screw on mirror plate
- Undo the 2 6mm allen bolts

2. Remove side pannels (One each side)
- 4 x 4mm allen bolts
- 1 philips screw (In front air intake)
- 1 clip (undeneath - Press center in, remove clip)

3. Unclip pannel and unplug inidcator

4. Remove center section
- 4x 4mm Allen bolts (2 on top, 2 underneath - You dont have to remove the screen, do not undo the lower two bolts holding the screen on)

5. Pull plug off of side light

6. Undo clock surround
- 1 x 4mm allen bolt
- 2 Philips screws

7. Undo clocks
- 4 x 8mm nuts
- Remove and unplug

8. Undo the clocks
- 5 philips screws

9. Replace bulbs (Replace all 3)

10. Put it all back to gether

LED's are nice, but they dont have the light spread, especailly the middle one. When replacing, make sure that the rubber o-ring on the clocks is seated correctly.

HTH
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote