View Single Post
Old 14-03-08, 12:29 AM   #1
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Costing Up A Rebuild

I was given the sad news that me SV was terminal a couple of weeks ago. So I went out and bought another one.

This has left me with an SV thats currently not safe for the road. Thus I was told I should sell it as spares/ repair.But I need to wait until I get a couple of bits sent up to me to put it back to standard so I can sell it.

So its been sitting in the garage for a couple of weeks. No harm in that you might think, but every time I go in the garage I remember the good ol days and while the new one is settling in I long for a familiar machine. Thus I am considering rebuilding it meself. But to make a decision I need some prices, and thats where you guys come in. I'm after estimate or firm prices (linky linky preferred) for the following...
  • Engine (if the spare is goosed)
  • Exhaust (down pipes)
  • Carbs
  • Wiring Loom (new)
  • Rear Caliper
  • Front Brake Overhaul (piston and seals)
  • Front Brake Lines
  • Throttle Cables
  • Choke Cable
  • Rear Shock
  • Swing Arm (if a clean shows anything up)
  • Swing Arm Bearings
  • Front Wheel Bearings
  • Sub Frame (can you say rusty?)
  • Full Frame Powder Coat
Ignore consumables like oil and coolant but feel free to make suggestions on all aspects. The bike is a '99 plate with 70,000 on the clock use that as a guide to condition. Body work is considered out of scope, cause if I do this I have a little idea from up in the garage rafters.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote