View Single Post
Old 15-08-11, 02:52 PM   #7
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Main Fuse A' Blowing

Dizz - Got you. I know where you mean up by the front lights hidden at the side of the fairing. I've not seen any corrosion around that area but will have another look.

Another update - As it appeared that the starter motor cable being disconnected allowed the fuse to stay intact I thought it might be that wire that needed replacing. So that has now been replaced. And the fuse did not blow. Went to start it but then remembered that the front switch gear and dash was disconnected. So plugged that all back in and it started up.

Then I remembered that the reg rec was still disconnected, the black/ white and red wired block. So I go to put that in and... Bang the fuse goes as I do this. I assume then that it could be either of these wires shorting out or the reg rec itself? Going to consult the map to workout where those wires should go and will report back. But I've had reg recs go before and it just gives a charging issue not a main fuse issue so I am thinking its the wires?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote