View Single Post
Old 03-07-14, 06:00 PM   #15
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Operation: Commute

The first thing to say is yes modifications are planned, how far it will go who knows, but I have a vision of what I want from the bike. Depends on what funds I have for it.

As for size yes it is small and yes it does look a little odd, like a giant on a bike, but then that's half the fun. Plus it reminds me of:

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

The Grom Escape is good show case of why I've bought the bike. As I get more used to it I think the fun factor will only climb. But I can say already it handles the turns really well and is stable at speed. For the record 64mph on the flat and 75mph down hill flat out in top gear is what the clocks have shown me.

As for the exercise aspect I did consider it, but time and fun was against effort. Besides I personally think that peddle bikes are too dangerous. But I did do a 30 minute walk each day for the last 3 1/2 years, however I admit I need to do more.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote