Old 16-10-15, 06:45 PM   #15
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Your first post on the .ORG

May 2005...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Dudes need your advice on this…

Got a ‘99 SV650s covered 33,000 miles 2nd engine (top yer oil up ) and I’m getting starting and battery problems and was wondering if anyone else has had this/ after some advice.

Sometimes I can press and hold the starter button for approx 30secs and nothing happens, then it finally starts. Sometimes it will start first time. Don’t think it’s the switch as it does not seam to matter if I move the handle bars (same sort of prob with a TZR some years back). Not tested the switch yet cause the wires are a little hard to trace and the Haynes manual had me looking under the air box for a connector block! Would I be right in thinking it could be the starter relay (located under the right mini side panel with the green cover on) being corroded or having a bad connection? It looks like a full day to get the little box out and to test it. Would do a straight replace but Suzuki want £50 for it!!!

Also my bike seams to eat batteries, 2 so far. First was the original, then the replacement lasted 2 months, now the current one refused to start the bike on Thursday. It kept turning but nothing happened and I finally got the buzzing from said box above, though I think this is unrelated to that problem. So when I get home from work in the eve I switch it on and it starts first time! Took the battery out and charged it from 12.8 but it is only holding at about 13.0 but started first time the next day, and this has happened before with the same battery. I use the bike every day so it’s not a storage problem.

Has anyone else experienced these?

Cheers
It all started with a starting problem. And I may have been a little liberal with the engine count, my memory is hazy. I do still own the bike in question and one day it will roll again.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote