View Single Post
Old 06-01-20, 12:34 AM   #32
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Will an R1 front master cylinder fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoK4 View Post
Today i have ordered some front EBC sintered HH pads and HEL braided lines, and a calliper service kit with all new seals and rubbers, stainless steel bleed nipples.
Good choice in pad and line, I have the same set up. Also reassured in the bleed procedure you've used. A little trick once you've bled the brakes is to zip tie the lever to the bar overnight, it opens up the system to allow any little trapped air to rise to the surface and out of the lines. Firms up the lever action.

When you come to replace the seals be sure to inspect the pistons. I would expect to see a little dirt and pitting, this can be cleaned up without to much aggression but anything to much and you may need replacement pistons.

As for cleaning the calipers I wouldn't expect to see any grease in there per say more dirt and hardened grime behind the dust seals so a seal pick is useful here. If you have an ultrasonic cleaner I'd be tempted to give that a go as well, not tried that myself as I haven't needed to service any calipers since getting a little one...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote