Thread: Project: 500GP
View Single Post
Old 23-03-19, 03:50 AM   #108
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Project: 500GP

Now I've talked before about reaching the limits of the 3-in-1 machine and this is part of the reason that there is now have a Bridgeport and Colchester in the Makerspace but the other and bigger reason is a set of rearsets I bought.

Keeping with the 500GP theme I didn't like the OEM pegs so started looking around for some replacements. I did have discussion with someone who was making their own adjustables but that unfortunately went quiet. So a search on the internet gave me the only option of MaCrane via WeBike Japan.

Well after about 6 weeks they arrived. They were steel as I knew but they were heavier than the originals, much heavier. But also and most importantly the quality was poor. I expected CNC what I received was hand made, good for artisan, not so for a MotoGP bike. I think the rearsets have been cut with a bandsaw and then ground. The broaching was not terribly accurate and details such as deburing was not completed or was not very well executed. The stamps of the manufacture were not complete and the peg assembly did not sit flat.

To their credit WeBike and MaCrane sent me replacements of the offending articles. But the damage has been done. I have decided to make my own.

The approach is to use the MaCrane set as a template but make a few modifications along the way. The most obvious being aluminium not steel.

I need to come up with a design...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote