View Single Post
Old 10-03-12, 07:32 PM   #20
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: George Whites to re-open as....

I'm not so sure about bargains. From what I witnessed the bikes went for a fair price as the reserves looked about what the bikes were worth. There was a 749 that did go cheap but then I found it was a non-runner so that has every chance of getting expensive. The GT550 I was looking at went for £450 or about double what it was worth. But fear not if you had your eye on something and you missed out keep scanning the local shops and usual outlets as there were quite a few dealers that were there adding to their stock list...

Other than that the Auto Jumble section had some bargains on a few parts that were left over. And there was some very cheap kit in there, but I feel you may have been getting what you paid for.

As for the new clothing store, its the old clothing store relocated to the old main show room with the same old stock. So why there was a queue to pay the length of the store was beyond me. I think it says more about the psychology of retail then anything. However I wish the new venture all the best and can imagine visiting there again once the crowds have retreated.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote