View Single Post
Old 08-01-11, 09:42 PM   #32
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: SH2: The Rebuild (Image Heavy)

Part 7; When Two Become One:

The two halves of the crank case are now back together. Before we did that though the gear box was removed but not disassembled to get to the output shaft oil seals which required replacement. With the gear box back in place all of the internals were lubed up and instant gasket was applied to the case joins. Unfortunately no pics of this stage this time.

So with the crankcases together properly we rotated the crank to check it had free movement before attaching the gear shift star and arm to check the gears could be selected. All appears free to rotate. Though it is worth noting that when testing the gear shift spinning the output or input shaft enabled us to select gear with ease.

Now the simple task of reversal of the removal procedure. On went the oil pump, drive gears, cam chains and the alternator. Due to the design of the alternator it gave a little pop as it seated itself which was slightly unnerving at first.

Clutch side.

Alternator side.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote