View Single Post
Old 30-05-16, 07:21 PM   #392
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Top Gear is back

Well it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'm going to stick with it a little bit more in the hope it improves. We all remember how the show was before May joined...

But anyway, Evans needs to tone it down a bit. That sort of noise worked for TFI and The Big Breakfast, but not for this. His opening over the credits sounded like my Dad trying to do an impression of Clarkson, and set the tone from there.

LeBlanc did ok for his first outing, will be interesting to see how he develops. His solo bit was good, and there were bits in the challenge that were amusing and came from him.

The opening segment with the guns on cars was dreadful. Its been done before and better by Top Gear of old. Didn't really see much of Schmitz apart from her driving. Evans did his best in the guest section to talk about cars and not the tat they were there to peddle which I thought was an interesting approach. However the Rally Cross track for them to drive was a good twist but giving them a proper car to do it in was the failure. The juxtaposition of a highly paid "star in a reasonably priced car" was missed, I would have like to seen them attempt the lap in something inappropriate. Just hope the mud doesn't mess up the power lap times.

I also watched the Top Gear Extra. The childlike children's TV presenter fronting it did nothing for me but that Harris fellow has some potential, and apparently he is a car journalist of sorts which one could argue is what a show about cars might just need.

So my final thoughts; get Harris, LeBlanc, and Schmitz to present, a couple of tweaks in the features, and they might just have something.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote