SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-11-06, 09:15 AM   #11
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Me too. I'll have a 4300k version though...brighter you see Have to wait until bonus time though, and thats at the end of the month.

Have you contacted the cahp to see if hes willing to do a group buy? Obviosuly the packages are going to have to be delivered to seperate addresses
Yep i've contacted the dealer and hes interested in a group buy, hes asked how many people want kits so if people are definate "ins" then PM me so i can keep track of numbers better
Old 08-11-06, 09:53 AM   #12
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants
Thry have a bike kit for £70 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
Would this not be the correct link?
No, these are both xenon not the Bi-xenon which means it'll be on a constant hi-beam, bi-xenon means, as said above, it has a shield that moves over the bulb giving a hi or dipped beam and they're only single units which would be no good for SVS's, like i said if you only have one headlight, try and get in with another guy with a single headlight and go halves

The guy that sells the XLS kits on eBay has exclusivity on the kits (the manufacturers confirmed this when i emailed them), hes the only seller on eBay, the cheaper kits that are on there maybe OK but i'd rather get a better quality kit

P.S. the ballasts are 3x3.5x1.25 inches and water proof
Old 08-11-06, 10:10 AM   #13
svrash

I got the idea from one of the emails on the main page:-
Quote:
1st September - Brighter lights.
Hi John,

I'm sure you already know and have been told by many what a useful site you have created for all the SV enthusiasts around the globe including a new comer like myself. Keep up the good work and if the space allow please add these pics of my SV with HID fitted. I wrote back asking about his views on the HID conversion.

This HID by IIKDO (Japan) produces the sort of light (6000k-8000k) similar to BMW cars. This type of xenon light conversion kit has been available for cars for sometime now but many companies have recently made them available for bikes. The beauty of this particular kit is that it comes with its own separate power adaptor and doesn't draw much from the bike's battery. (No, I don't work for them). Anyway, its the best mod I have done to my bike. Now when I go out for a blast at night I dont get those slow car drivers blocking my way anymore as they usually move out of the way pretty quickly =)

Cheers, Cknin
He used a single kit from a different manufacturer (not sure if its the bi-xenon) but you get the idea
Old 08-11-06, 10:29 AM   #14
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants
Thry have a bike kit for £70 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
Would this not be the correct link?
No, these are both xenon not the Bi-xenon which means it'll be on a constant hi-beam, bi-xenon means, as said above, it has a shield that moves over the bulb giving a hi or dipped beam and they're only single units which would be no good for SVS's, like i said if you only have one headlight, try and get in with another guy with a single headlight and go halves

The guy that sells the XLS kits on eBay has exclusivity on the kits (the manufacturers confirmed this when i emailed them), hes the only seller on eBay, the cheaper kits that are on there maybe OK but i'd rather get a better quality kit

P.S. the ballasts are 3x3.5x1.5 inches and water proof
Fair point, I now understand the difference

Would love to get me a set of these, but alas tis a 'no' from my bank balance

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 12:14 PM   #15
Filipe M.

How easy (or impossible) would it be to fit these to an Euro-specced SV?
Old 08-11-06, 12:16 PM   #16
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M.
Not sure, does your unit use H4 bulbs, if so then no differant to any other sv, i would think

Fitting instructions can be found HERE
Old 08-11-06, 12:40 PM   #17
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M.
Not sure, does your unit use H4 bulbs, if so then no differant to any other sv, i would think

Fitting instructions can be found HERE
I'll give it a look, thanks.
Old 08-11-06, 05:27 PM   #18
northwind
Mega Poster

I think a euro has a H7 in the projector... Though you can get H7 to H4 adaptors, I believe. No idea what's in the plain lens. Also no idea how you adapt a HID euro headlight to dip in the right direction, if it's going on UK roads. A faunt of knowledge, I am.

HID capsule in a halogen projector should work better than a HID in a normal halogen projector, though, the lenses have more in common...

Put me down for a 4300K kit... I'd been thinking of getting one anyway, I've heard good feedback about that one.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 07:34 PM   #19
Mech

Do we have any overall concept of the fitting arrangements on an SV? Where would be ballast block be fitted?
That said, all problems can be solved... count me in please. (4300 K)
Old 08-11-06, 10:04 PM   #20
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech
Do we have any overall concept of the fitting arrangements on an SV? Where would be ballast block be fitted?
I was planning on mounting the ballasts under the light unit on the subframe (they come with there own mounting brackets) so that air coming in from the vents under the lights can circulate around the boxes. The fitting instructions recommend you place them in a drafty place away from fans etc, thought it would be an ideal place