SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-07-15, 03:09 PM   #11
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Default Re: Dropped their bike!?!?

Never dropped the SV but my old man reversed into it and knocked it off the side stand into the garden. he paid for the new fairing

Gixer I dropped it when my foot slipped on gravel with panniers on it they took the blow thankfully.

Street I dropped it taking it off the paddock stand when it rolled forward and the side stand flicked up, luckily it fell into a big pile of towels that i use for cleaning the bike itself. Once again no damage. I've had a few other close calls with it but its amazing the strength I find when it go's past the balance point.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 03:31 PM   #12
Bibio
Mega Poster

where would you like me to begin.. lol
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 04:12 PM   #13
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
where would you like me to begin.. lol
The kawasaki tuned?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 07:45 PM   #14
nutzboutbikes

I have managed to drop the sv in the back of my van!, I parked on the slope at Brands and when I pulled the bike out of the chock it fell over on to its side pulling me with it, no damaged caused found it funny a little while later but not at the time.
Old 02-07-15, 07:56 PM   #15
Nutsinatin

Dropped mine last SV at a petrol station before, just fell off the side stand when I was walking back out from paying. Alarm went off and I wasn't sure if I should turn off the alarm before or after I picked it up! Crash bung held it off the floor and prevented most of the damage, just got 5 small scratches on the fairing lower so got away with it!
Blue K9 Pointy #2 - Nearly at 120,000 miles!
Nutsinatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 08:02 PM   #16
Swin

didn't exactly drop it as such, was sat on the bike, rolled it backwards out of garage and for some reason didn't kick the stand down, then went over sidways with the bike squishing my leg when we hit the ground! clutch lever and indicator - not to mention some severe bruising to my pride as the missus nearly died laughing at me!
Old 02-07-15, 08:45 PM   #17
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

To many to remember...

A few years ago I was using Stretchie's Blackbird. While walking it backwards in a car park I lost my footing on some loose gravel and over it went. Luckily it fell towards me, so I threw my body into it and jammed my knee and leg into the fairing. Holding it there was fine, a struggle, but not a problem. The real challenge was to get it back up right. It was way past the point of no return and the position I was in wasn't helping. Lifting the bike would be easy if I could lay it down and change my stance, but there was no way I was letting my mates bike hit the ground. So with all my might I heaved it up. With the bike on the side stand I took a few minutes to catch my breath before riding off.

A month later on a ride out with Stretchie again with me on his Blackbird we pull into a car park. I stop, get off the bike, then remember the side stand isn't down. The bike hits the floor pulling me down with it. Stretchie looks on in disbelief.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 10:59 PM   #18
DJFridge

Dropped a crappy 125 on my CBT, dropped the NSR wheeling it into the garage with the the stand down which caught on the raised floor, crashed an ER5 on my Mod 1 and dropped the SV in the works yard while manoeuvring around and my feet slipped. Twice.
Old 02-07-15, 11:28 PM   #19
Heorot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawthing View Post
I'll Never try and ride up a steep damp grass bank on road tyres again. No damage, just embarasment!
Ha! I did exactly the same. A real b1tch to get it upright again. In full view of the people in my office.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-15, 08:28 AM   #20
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

My SV was the only bike I have owned in 20+years of riding thats not been on the floor!

How about dumping my GSX1400 on a berm and gouging the back of my leg open from a hero blob, off -roading, thousands of miles from home, up a mountain in the middle of nowhere with the missus videoing me. I would post it but her language is deffo not "U" rated.
Is it not amazing how light your bike is when you have royally made a **** of it infront of an audience!?

Its just part of it. You look back and laugh.

PS, if you are new to it, shoes with laces do not like footpegs, baggy jeans do not like kickstarts!

Last edited by STRAMASHER; 03-07-15 at 08:31 AM.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote