SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 16-09-09, 09:08 PM   #21
rusty76

Default Re: my loaner bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Rusty76 thats my river bag too just take the one barbel rod and try to keep mobile,
as for the shiver it is a nice bike a lot more power than the SV but it is a bit "snatchy/lurchy" at stop start traffic speeds (but I have been told and the dealer is fitting for me a new 15t front sprocket origanal 16t and this more or less sorts this out this is the same for the tuono)
the shiver does feel a bit heavy at slow speeds but once moving it is not noticable.
I would have had a tuono but could not justify twice the insurance and the extra couple of grand, also take into account the first service mine was £195 but it only needs doing every 2 years.
Haha, that's exactly what I use mine for. I've got a Drennan multi avon that I use for barbel. I bought the rod bag (I think mine's the total protection 2 rod quiver) just for that rod and travelling light. Man I love that rod, where's the summer gone! I'm lucky to live next to prime barbel waters on the Soar, how about yourself?

Yeah, the Tuono is steep. I had no intention of paying that much but I fear I've become addicted (I'm running out of places to blag test rides). I've heard the first service on a Tuono is £600!!!!!!
Old 16-09-09, 11:02 PM   #22
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: my loaner bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
that sounds exactly the same as the one I have got, I have stalled it about 5 times now once at lights and the rest on downshifts not nice when you are approching a corner.
the power band seem about right too it comes in about 6-7k and suddenly just takes off.
Shame I was hoping they had fixed it, if they put a proper engine in that frame then its an awesome bike...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote