SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-07-15, 09:42 AM   #21
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default Dropped their bike!?!?

Never dropped my SV, I laid my CBR125 down a couple of times. Once when it had a flat tyre and moved in an unexpected way while I was pushing it, and once when I stopped and put my foot on wet grass.

The Strom has been laid down as well. Trying to bump up a curb on near right lock and it stalled. Laid it on my leg and there was no damage.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-15, 10:31 AM   #22
Griff-SV

Default Re: Dropped their bike!?!?

Dropped my first bike, Suzuki GS125, when I got to work one morning. I just completely forgot to kick the stand down, swung my leg over, let go and began walking away...............damn. Only damage was a cracked mirror and my pride as all my appo mates watched and cheered ha!
Old 03-07-15, 11:59 PM   #23
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

A couple of years back I had a ER6 for a short while. One Saturday morning I needed to go into town to do a little shopping. I wheel the bike out of the garage, get on it and ride to the end of the drive. I stop, look left, look right, and pulled onto the road.

It was at that point I looked left again. I was surprised to see a car on the road, why on earth would there be one? And it appears to be moving, in my direction.

The surprise turned to shock, and I reacted the only sensible way I could think. At approximately 3.5mph I threw the bike on the floor and commando rolled into the shrubbery.

As I stood up and dusted myself off the driver of the car had stopped and with his window down asked me if I was "all right mate?", I gave the response of "yeah, no problem" and a look of 'I do this all the time'.

I pick the bike up, remount, and ride off.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 05:59 PM   #24
Gmatt

Only ever once on my triple owned it for 10 days! Leaving the gym and tired and next thing I was eating the Tarmac!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-15, 10:20 PM   #25
Madasadad

On the morning of my off road manoeuvers test on my gladius, I was paddling it backwards to do a 3 point turn in the back yard, the grass is slightly lower than the flags, foot down on the grass, over balanced, slow motion off! Clutch lever broke, bar end scratched, crash bungs scratched and gear lever bent. Crash bungs.... Worth every penny! On a stranger note, was touring with my son last week and staying at a friends caravan for a night. He has a couple of cousins severely autistic with all sorts of behavioural issues. Anyway woke up Friday morning to strange sounds outside where our bikes were parked. Before you could say, that better not be that f****** wee'un near my bike, the whole caravan shook as my bike got pulled/ pushed over by one of the children! Thankfully only over onto soft grass with no damage! I rushed outside to see what happened to find the kid standing over the bike! The parent in me was glad the child was ok, the biker in me wanted to kick the living s*** out of him. Thankfully, parent prevailed!
Old 07-07-15, 11:29 PM   #26
Bibio
Mega Poster

i dont know what it is about people paddling a bike backwards when its just as easy if not easier to push the thing then get on.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 09:39 AM   #27
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

For those of us with legs longer than indicator storks, it works quite well almost all the time.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 10:03 AM   #28
Swin

with my crappy arthritic spine, I find pushing the bike from the side to be uncomfortable, so I prefer to sit on and paddle backwards.

Always amazes me how fast my mate pushes the bikes from the side out of his shop in the mornings tho, I guess several hundred times a week makes perfect practice!
Old 08-07-15, 10:17 AM   #29
L3nny
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swin View Post
with my crappy arthritic spine, I find pushing the bike from the side to be uncomfortable, so I prefer to sit on and paddle backwards.

Always amazes me how fast my mate pushes the bikes from the side out of his shop in the mornings tho, I guess several hundred times a week makes perfect practice!
I don't have an arthritic spine but still always sit and paddle rather than get off and push. Always amazes me when I see how easy people in dealers move the bikes around.

Was in my local Ducati dealer and a salesman was pushing around a 20k Penegale like it was a push bike. I'd be terrified.
Old 08-07-15, 10:55 AM   #30
tom_e

Dropped my YBR twice both times on black ice, although managed to stay upright when a white van pulled straight across me when filtering and I took his wing mirror off with my shoulder.
Hopefully I'll keep my SV upright, that'll make a much bigger dent in the wallet if I drop it.