SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

View Poll Results: When do you want to do it
9th may 0 0%
23rd may 4 57.14%
6th june 2 28.57%
other 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-07, 10:12 PM   #41
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
As I needed to pop down to 'nam I decided to head a little further down the road and found myself outside the scrutineering hut on Castle Combe circuit.

So I gave the guys there a giggle by asking them to test the noise level or my bike...

So with the track limit at 105db I clocked up an impressive 110.06db (I'm quite pleased of the .06!)

Will have to change cans if I want to get on track then

But they were quite friendly and pleased that I had came down for a test and prefer people to do that rather then turn up on the day to be told NO. So I will be making another trip down there sometime with a different can a would recommend you all do the same.
you only just failed then .........i recon i can beat that
I bimbled over at about 4:00 this afternoon, got mine tested with the road legal yoshi on (still with the baffle in). At two thirds revs the thing screams, 110.0db so I'll be saving my money. The standard can may be a tad quieter but is a pain to fit, lots of messing about to switch cans on the gixer thou, no where near as simple as the SV.

So I'll not be going.

Its worth noting that 3db means double the power (noise) so 6db above is 4 times the noise.
Mines louder than yours \/

Not sure what I'm going to do now, could put the standard one back on, but I know I will feel a difference. Or I could try the twins, or at least one of the twins, but thats going to be no guarantee.

Could get it repacked... na!

Or if I get my ass in gear I could try for project CBR, ah decisions decisions...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 12:15 AM   #42
Beenz

I'll ponder a different track methinks.

When I was there the chap was talking about a new ride by test that was under discussion where they were going to 'trial' diferent bikes from the bike makers in the next two months or so, all may not be lost.

If mine fails now I just might remove the baffle and enjoy it
Old 04-02-07, 01:24 PM   #43
cuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
cuffy.....................this is not one of your jokes is it???

well done nice bike.......you leaving the WELSH DRAGON on her?
beenz............ you still can come & by the photo/spannerman

i want to know the Db on my race can, so might go & get it checked out, i will take my road legal can aswell & a spanner.
Nah...i'll stick it on flea-bay lol...you can have first dibs if you want
Old 06-02-07, 10:13 PM   #44
tee jey

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
As I needed to pop down to 'nam I decided to head a little further down the road and found myself outside the scrutineering hut on Castle Combe circuit.

So I gave the guys there a giggle by asking them to test the noise level or my bike...

So with the track limit at 105db I clocked up an impressive 110.06db (I'm quite pleased of the .06!)

Will have to change cans if I want to get on track then

But they were quite friendly and pleased that I had came down for a test and prefer people to do that rather then turn up on the day to be told NO. So I will be making another trip down there sometime with a different can a would recommend you all do the same.

I know they measure the sound at 0.5m but where from? Is it 0.5m behind the exhaust outlet or 0.5m to the side of the exhaust outlet? Tested mine this evening with the Remus Revo and go 111.3 dBA behind the outlet and 103 dBA to the side of the outlet, both readings at 8000rpm. Neighbours are not happy

Old 06-02-07, 11:42 PM   #45
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

It was measured to the side and he was kind enough to move the sensor away from the bike before it backfired once the throttle was closed.

So it looks like you should be ok. But please do not take my word for it, get them to test it.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-07, 06:52 AM   #46
tee jey

Cheers, needed to find out if I was in the right ball-park before take a ride to the circuit.

Old 09-02-07, 09:18 AM   #47
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz
I'll ponder a different track methinks.

as a few peeps have droped out (beenz,viper,teejay,keith) due to sound levels, should the venue be changed?

llandow is £80......... £45 cheaper
Old 09-02-07, 07:22 PM   #48
speedygirl

Hello south west peeps...

Although I've migrated from Southampton to Norwich my SV and other half still live in Weymouth... I really want to get a track day under my belt when the weathers better so may join you. Gotta get some leave booked first

Sounds like I might need to get mine tested too - the Devil on there at the moments mighty fruity! Would be a shame to put the OE 'thing' back on so hopefully OK with baffle in... Trying to sell the SV (for house fees) but thinking of getting an R6 - another of the banned noisy bikes!! Oh dear!

How far ahead do I need to book as I don;t know about work yet?