SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 31-01-11, 01:35 PM   #21
Fizzy Fish

Default Re: Spiderman off but ok

The lengths that boy will go to to get extra attention from BBC! Mind you, it's perfectly understandable, she is very lovely

Glad there's no major damage, and hope the bike is OK as well
Old 31-01-11, 01:36 PM   #22
Raf

Doh! That was rather silly of you Mr. spiderzig. Get well soon.
Old 31-01-11, 01:36 PM   #23
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

ah you gotta love cyclists dont you? Well when i say love i mean detest and when i say detest i mean throw your bike at em to stop em escaping after causing me to come off!!!

So basically this is what occurred. Theres me, riding along like i do every morning on this bit of road, cresting over westminster bridge toward parliament square and im in the middle lane, cyclist ahead in the lane on my left decides to stick his arm out and swerve into my lane, all in one motion. I pull the brake and front locks up and down we go.
As i'm sliding along giving the tarmac a close up inspection i happen to see my bike slam into the side of his bicycle and take him down too, Strike!!!!

So i roll about in a bit of pain but sit up and shout at the cyclist, things such as "you're riding leaves a lot to be desired my good man" and " gracious me, you'd have thought you'd look before you changed lanes and caused me to disembark from my ride, old chap, no?"

Another cyclist went thru all the shock questions and checked me over as did the man with the big gun. I was a little worried when i had my lid off and the man-with-the-gun asked me where he knew my face from. Thankfully it transpires that i'm not a highly wanted super-criminal on the run but rather the man-with-the-gun works outside the embassy that i walk past twice a day on the way to get lunch and he said "oh make sure you come say hi next time im there, my names xxxx" which is far better than what men-with-guns can say to people, so a big phew there.

Quick ambo trip back over the bridge to a gaggle of waiting papparazi and chicks in nurses uniforms all waiting to drool over me.... turned out to be in my imagination but i did get felt up by a gay man dressed as a nurse and then a doctor who looked a bit like the guy who caused it all in the first place.

And Debs darling, if you wanna stalk me dont have to go to the trouble of getting yourself delivered to hozzy by ambo too, you could have just waited outside for me

Anyway, this is how the bike looks now....

Didnt stand much of a chance of not locking up since this was the bit i was just on when i had to haul the brakes on.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P

Last edited by Spiderman; 31-01-11 at 01:53 PM.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-11, 01:42 PM   #24
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
As i'm sliding along giving the tarmac a close up inspection i happen to see my bike slam into the side of his bicycle and take him down too, Strike!!!!
I'm liking your style. Hope things aren't to bad.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-11, 01:45 PM   #25
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Yay another member of the "London Bridges Cyclist Bowling" team

Hope the cyclist is going to find himself with a nice big bill for repairs, and injury compensation

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)

Last edited by SoulKiss; 31-01-11 at 01:46 PM.
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-11, 01:59 PM   #26
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I see their lycra suits fail them...sttttteeeerrrrike!

Although a little harsh to use your bike as a bowling ball

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-11, 02:00 PM   #27
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

oh yeh the cyclist was told to stay put and i told all the other bystanders to hold onto him to make sure he dont try and run off. When the cops arrived first thing i said was "dont let him go away without getting his details please" and the best bit hes not even your average london bridges commuter cyclist, he was on one of those Barclays Bikes!

Heres how well my jacket did, saved me a lot of harm i think...

Knee armour decided to move down and out the way but thankfully the material didnt rub away all the way thru to me!

And my left boot (bearing in mind i went down on my right side) decided it didnt wanna be left out so it popped some stitches in sympathy. How very odd eh?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-11, 02:06 PM   #28
jambo
Mega Poster

Sorry to read this Zig mate.
Sure you'll do a decent job of stitching it all back together. Shout if you need a hand mate, I'm happy to help out with the spanners if needed

Jambo
Old 31-01-11, 02:07 PM   #29
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Well I have a couple of spare fairings you can have the worst one of - both been crashed, but both are complete I think - I know one patched up well.

And that front mudguard should be repairable.

I might even have a spare mirror and indy too

My guess is thats a write-off if it goes to insurance, I bought mine back for £600 - so may work out ok for ya.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-11, 02:13 PM   #30
BernardBikerchick

thank god he's home - honestly he has no idea how worried i was and how much he means to me !! !!! poor thing but he seems ok!

thanks all for your loveliness xxx you lot rock xxxxx

aww hugs from one of your nurses!

Last edited by BernardBikerchick; 31-01-11 at 04:46 PM.