SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Exhausts Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 25-11-06, 01:46 PM   #11
carlos

Yeah, it certainly can be done and does look great when done properly, simply a case of joining another pipe at the collector rather than 2 seperate pipes from the cylinders.

There have been a couple of people on here with this style of exhaust, and IIRC I saw a Ducati 916 style done some years ago on here (Renegade I think?). Expensive though, looking at considerably more than just a couple of hundred sadly, and doesn't really do anything for performance either.

Look great though, and sound better.
Old 25-11-06, 02:01 PM   #12
Viper

may have to look into it. It may cost more but in for a penny in for a pound
Old 25-11-06, 02:04 PM   #13
carlos

Thats it, grab the bull by both horns as they say
Old 25-11-06, 02:13 PM   #14
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
Yeah, it certainly can be done and does look great when done properly, simply a case of joining another pipe at the collector rather than 2 seperate pipes from the cylinders.

There have been a couple of people on here with this style of exhaust, and IIRC I saw a Ducati 916 style done some years ago on here (Renegade I think?). Expensive though, looking at considerably more than just a couple of hundred sadly, and doesn't really do anything for performance either.

Look great though, and sound better.
Yep the 916 style is made by Renegade. It also costs near on £1000 new. Personally I don't like the underseats that they make, much prefer the high level twins. They do come up on eBay from time to time and can go for around £250 - £350 which is much more reasonable. The only down side is you keep the standard front pipe.

I have seen IXIL make twins pipes, think Northwind had a set some time ago and 21Quest had a set of Renes for sale here, but I'm not sure if they're still available.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-06, 03:00 PM   #15
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
Thats it, grab the jew by both horns as they say
a borat fan maybe?
loads of twin pipe options. Call carbon can company - they'll trip over themselves to help you and every system is dealt with like its a custom job. You can debaffle the original exhaust , Its not an easy pretty job but its free! But that things just heavy and ugly.
Old 28-11-06, 02:54 AM   #16
heros

Quote:
You will need a seperate fitting sleeve (available seperately) to put the stock exhaust back on, but with the baffle in its not a lot different. The baffle takes less than two minutes to put back in with a 4mm allen key and 10mm spanner - try it you'll love it.
so does this mean to re-fit the original id need to cut it again? also will i need to rejet if i take out the baffle as a discussion with a random biker in a car park before i left work said i would need to (he was commenting how nice my bike was btw )
Old 28-11-06, 05:29 PM   #17
carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by heros
so does this mean to re-fit the original id need to cut it again? also will i need to rejet if i take out the baffle as a discussion with a random biker in a car park before i left work said i would need to (he was commenting how nice my bike was btw )
No, well that is assuming you only made one cut in the right place the first time round. Just undo the clamp with a spanner and remove the link pipe, refit the stock pipe with the refitting sleeve and tighten up. If you have made several cuts to get the stock pipe off and hence have a huge gap to fill then you'd be better off checking Ebay or something for a new one.

As for rejetting - God knows. I imagine you probably would but don't really know to be honest.

**EDIT** Why do you want to refit the original anyway?
Old 28-11-06, 11:39 PM   #18
heros

I dont want to its just incase i ever sell the sv :P