SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-08-05, 08:23 PM   #1
The Mass

Default For all those that don't give the nod

You miserable lot!

I travel approx 240 - 245 miles a day to and from work.
I've lost the will myself now to give the nod to oncoming bike folk
and those that I pass.

There are a lot of miserable fookers out there on bikes....

I even went as far this morning to warn oncoming bikers of the sitting on the M4 bridges with the cameras and speed traps.
And yet on the way home, I must pass the same biker folk in the opposite direction, only to find that they did not recipricate, and good enough, I generally don't speed..but the camera was still there on my way home.

What is wrong with you lot

Mass - out!
Old 16-08-05, 09:22 PM   #2
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Dude I hear you its anti-social not to nod!

But I got to ask where are the pold hiding. I use the M4 at the weekends to get to Bristol from Sunny Swindon and know about the Fixed ones at the Bath Junction and the Van that sits on the bridge just as you get into the 50 limit crossing the Severn. Where else should I be practicing my emergncy stops?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-05, 09:39 PM   #3
Cloggsy

Must be where you live fella... I nod at everyone here & they all nod back

Friendlier folks in the country
Old 16-08-05, 10:17 PM   #4
Steve W

Yup - come to sunny North Yorkshire. We're like those little dogs you used to get in the back of Cortinas - we're always nodding our heads up and down. Sometimes I forget myself andf even nod at a scooter... And there are no fixed speed cameras, the beer's better, no traffic lights and the street are paved with gold etc. etc.
Old 16-08-05, 10:58 PM   #5
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W
Yup - come to sunny North Yorkshire. We're like those little dogs you used to get in the back of Cortinas - we're always nodding our heads up and down. Sometimes I forget myself andf even nod at a scooter... And there are no fixed speed cameras, the beer's better, no traffic lights and the street are paved with gold etc. etc.
Im on my way. :P

riding down to my mums yesterday, only a guy on a crosser nodded back. though tbh the guys 5 mins down the road may have done and didnt nod back though. I was concentrating on the cars slamming their brakes on and the oncoming plod car with sirens on.

though the good thing about kent is... Im nearer European roads than most people, the Ardennes for a weekend is a reality rather than taking a weekend to get there. Hmmmm. Deferring the packing for a while...
Old 17-08-05, 07:57 AM   #6
Diveboy

Have to agree with Steve W up here in Sunny Newcastle I always get the Nod or a wave, sometimes I even get the finger from a friendly car driver.

Must have passed 9-10 bikers just this morning and they all tipped there hats

I was following one bloke last night and a bike went passed and he nodded, then continued to practise nodding to see which was best, it put a big smile on my face. I think he settled on a slowish side ways turn of the head as that's what the next guy got
Old 17-08-05, 08:00 AM   #7
Jase22

Up north is where it's at, I even got nodded at by a bobby on his bike this morning!!!
Old 17-08-05, 08:11 AM   #8
The Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
Dude I hear you its anti-social not to nod!

But I got to ask where are the pold hiding. I use the M4 at the weekends to get to Bristol from Sunny Swindon and know about the Fixed ones at the Bath Junction and the Van that sits on the bridge just as you get into the 50 limit crossing the Severn. Where else should I be practicing my emergncy stops?

Squirrel mate,

The plod are now and again are either on the bridge just before the turn off for the M32 (forget which junc it is sorry!) and then they also have some sort of speed trap there as well, us usually on Fridays.

The other place they sit on the bridge is nearer Swindon, there's a nasty bend in the road, and they have you beofre you've got time to spot them.
If I rememebr right, it's just before junc 16 I think.

Anyhow, they move up n down the M4 on a regular basis, I generally know now to kep an eye on the bridges.
And if I do spot them, I normally let the bikers in the opposite direction know.

As for nodding, nah no different this morning from any other day. I'll just carry on giving the nod..cos I'm a happy blokey

There is one bloke in particular that does let on, he's cool
He rides a red fazer, and he has those really bright orange gardening gloves, and the usual yellow workies jacket, I see him nearly every day along the M4. I've never seen his bike do over 65mph...cool! he looks well chilled
He gives me the biggest wave ever... he near comes off his bike every time..it's superb!
Way to go dude!
Old 17-08-05, 08:33 AM   #9
Jelster

I ride into London most days and have to say I'm more interested in keeping upright through the cage drivers. I'll often have a chat with bikers at the lights though...

Old 17-08-05, 08:49 AM   #10
Noufy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
I ride into London most days and have to say I'm more interested in keeping upright through the cage drivers.
Same here. I would sometimes nod if I was on a quiet road, in a good mood, like the bike I see, etc most of them would reciprocate.