SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 09-07-09, 12:09 PM   #1
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Ace Café Tonight 9th July

Should have posted this sooner...

The Ace Café is having a Italian Bikes and Cars Night, tonight 9th July. Not exactly sure whats there and all that, but I do know that Aprilia will be there offering test rides. So oddly enough I will be there adding to Operation: Test Ride Miles as I have pre-booked a couple.

So if anyones already going or is going to go do say hello if you see me. I'll be the one jumping on and off Aprilia's wearing dirty Alpinestars leathers sporting a goatee even a 14 year old would be embarrassed to have. Or keep a lookout for Strechies Blackbird as my SV is still broken.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 11:29 PM   #2
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ace Café Tonight 9th July

Well didn't see anyone I recognized but I had a good time. Will be back in 5 weeks time...

Didn't think that within 5 miles of the Ace there are country roads. Not a big night for bike and car turn out, but I didn't care as I spent the evening riding Aprilia's with the Mets finest Bike Cops who weren't that bothered about those little numbers in red circles.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
Old 10-07-09, 11:24 PM   #3
qwerf

Was down there, saw one of the test rides leave! saw that clutchless aprilia bike (cant remember the name now) looked intresting!

Just wish i was old enough to be able to test ride :P
Old 11-07-09, 06:46 AM   #4
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post

Didn't think that within 5 miles of the Ace there are country roads..
this is news to me!!! someone will have to show me

I'm planning on going to the ace for lunch, to celebrate being reunited with my sv...maybe next weekend, probably the weekend after that though. sorry i missed this one, would have been cool to check out lotsa bikes

oh, that twist n go 'prila is a Mana i beleive. Look quite cool, I'd like to test one (too young aswell) but im not certain i like the switchgear...dosnt feel to good
Old 11-07-09, 08:22 AM   #5
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinestarhero View Post
this is news to me!!! someone will have to show me

I'm planning on going to the ace for lunch, to celebrate being reunited with my sv...maybe next weekend, probably the weekend after that though. sorry i missed this one, would have been cool to check out lotsa bikes

oh, that twist n go 'prila is a Mana i beleive. Look quite cool, I'd like to test one (too young aswell) but im not certain i like the switchgear...dosnt feel to good
you can get test rides matt. i did 2 at the bike safe show at hendon and i'm taking out a gixxer 600 next week some time in chesham.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-09, 08:27 AM   #6
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
you can get test rides matt. i did 2 at the bike safe show at hendon and i'm taking out a gixxer 600 next week some time in chesham.
really? no-one wanted to let me ride at hendon, and everyone else says i gotta be over 25!

you must have some sort of gift
Old 11-07-09, 02:18 PM   #7
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerf View Post
Was down there, saw one of the test rides leave! saw that clutchless aprilia bike (cant remember the name now) looked intresting!
There is a strong chance that was me then. I took the Mana out second. Was having a chat to a group of guys as we were leaving, were you one? Or were you one of the other chaps I was chatting to at various points in the evening?

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
Old 11-07-09, 02:49 PM   #8
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinestarhero View Post
really? no-one wanted to let me ride at hendon, and everyone else says i gotta be over 25!

you must have some sort of gift
did you have your counterpart driving license with you? you did need that, but other than that they had no problems at all, mainly because you went out with a copper i think. as for dealers, i think as long as you go in proper kit (although i don't/didn't bother with leather trousers) and you look and sound fairly sensible then they will probably let you go out on one. oh and ask for a sensible bike ie. don't bother trying to take out a fireblade or duke 1198 because they no you won't be able to afford it etc.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-09, 03:51 PM   #9
qwerf

Quote:
There is a strong chance that was me then. I took the Mana out second. Was having a chat to a group of guys as we were leaving, were you one? Or were you one of the other chaps I was chatting to at various points in the evening?

Im afriad i didnt stay too long was there with 3mates, we all are under 20 didnt really get the chance to chat to anyone else! Although i got to watch some woman try and park her fiat! (20 attempts later she gave up haha)

Maybe next time!
Old 12-07-09, 02:06 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Should have posted this sooner...
Ah dammit!!!!! Last time Aprillia did this i had a test ride booked on 3 of their bikes and it all went pear shaped cos one of the Massive decided to have a rideout that day and i was torn between riding bikes i simply cant afford to buy and being a billy no mates all day, or hanging out with my friends. Naturally i went on the rideout.

I'm pretty sure Aprillia had my email and were gonna let me know wehn this was happening again. Dammit. Must try harder
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote