SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-08-05, 04:59 PM   #1
trick

Default Painting fairing, any tips needed

hey there all, as some of you know, my bike is undergoing major work and at the moment is completely white due to race faring being stuck on (with bostik ). anyway, im fed up with it looking white and crap so ive decided to get it painted, but wait, i cant afford that, to much money for paint that does nothing except make it look nice (and im into performance only). so i have decided to paint it myself, i realise this is quite a difficult thing to do, which is why im asking for as much help and as many tips as you guys can offer. i have decided on what paint scheme i want and i have a few ideas on how to do it but if anyone else can help me out, that would be great. what i wanna do is have the top blue and the bottom silver and have them separated by a single zig zag black line. then i wanna put some decals on it like'SUZUKI' and a couple of NGK/Brembo/whatever stickers on it and laquor over it

Any thoughts

Trick
Old 26-08-05, 05:47 PM   #2
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

I started doing this to my TZR some years back. The best advice can give you is spray a little, often to build up the layers. Always keep the can moving (I presume your spraying it) or you'll get blobs. And don't be to daring with the design.

However when I did it I gave up halfway through and bought a CBR400!

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-05, 06:46 PM   #3
trick

thanks man, the design im gonna do isnt all that dissimilar to the gsvr paint job. the blue on top and the black line will be the same and the bottom will be silver. for the design i was gonna use tape and paper to cover all the stuff i dont wanna paint and sort of stensil out the shape i want. im only gonna do straight edges though as i think curves would be too hard for me. anything fine detailed, im gonna design myself and get made into a sticker and stick it on and laquor over it. how much paint will i need and how much laquor will i need. also, i have heard people mention that their paint cracked after a while, is there any special paint i nee dto use to stop this happening?

thanks again guys

TRICK