SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 17-05-13, 09:06 AM   #1
Runako

Default Rideouts Saturday & Sunday (18th & 19th)

Right then, I'm up for a ride tomorrow. Weather's not brilliant but dry - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653822

It'll be around South Wales. Probably doing 100+ miles of riding. If no one's got anything planned, are you for a ride?

3 Options:

Saturday

1. Thunder Road has a free test ride day tomorrow (Bridgend) - http://www.thunderroad.co.uk/news/su...-bridgend.aspx

2. Test Ride one of these Kawasakis at GT Superbikes (Talbot Green)

... And then a couple of hours ride in South Wales, perhaps towards Builth Wells (including the Ross Road).

And/Or on Sunday:

3. A long ride to Barmouth (and back) - http://www.welshbikers.co.uk/forum/w...s-out/rideout/

This will be a group ride with about 10 or so Bikes. About 140 miles with a few coffee stops, meet some welsh bikers from the North, and then a "swift" journey back to our respective manor's.

Haven't decided on 1 or two yet but defo out tomorrow at any rate. I'll also be doing the big ride to Barmouth on Sunday for some Fish & Chips

Last edited by Runako; 17-05-13 at 09:18 AM.
Old 17-05-13, 09:14 AM   #2
Grant66

Default Re: Rideouts Saturday & Sunday (18th & 19th)

Count me in
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13, 09:19 AM   #3
Runako

Updated. Will be posting a route for tomorrow soon.
Old 17-05-13, 09:40 AM   #4
TheOnlyNemesis

I'm in for the saturday one.
Old 17-05-13, 09:51 AM   #5
TheOnlyNemesis

scratch that, i got Oxford next weekend and London the weekend after that so can't spare the petrol money. Sorry lads.
Old 17-05-13, 12:48 PM   #6
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

What time would it be for Saturday if you wanted to test ride something, and where would the meeting point be as I have no idea where I'd be going?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13, 02:00 PM   #7
Runako

Ok, so thinking Thunder Road to start. Haven't pre-booked but there's loads of bikes available to try so I figured head down and get out on something for 30min to an hour. If anyone's interested in a test ride then meeting is Thunder Road, Bridgend at 10:30am (ish) - http://goo.gl/maps/9JbxL

After that, Brecon and beyond. Here's a route I had in mind - http://goo.gl/maps/CqJGq

This takes in Bridgend (Thunder Rd) but if people don't want to meet there then Brecon is the next logical meeting point. Costa Coffee, Brecon @ 12:30? Or a meet at Terry's a bit earlier en route - http://goo.gl/maps/ks3Mb

Then from there onwards. Happy to shorten it if people prefer and suggestions for roads welcome.

Last edited by Runako; 17-05-13 at 02:05 PM.
Old 17-05-13, 02:41 PM   #8
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

I'd never get to Bridgend for 10:30. Its at least 2 hours of motorway for me. Plus with my navigation skills I'd never find it or any of the later stops in Brecon.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
Old 17-05-13, 04:40 PM   #9
Runako

Is this time too early? Not really fussed either way. Was more thinking of the Bristol guys and giving them loads of time to get back. But I'm more than happy with a later start. As long as I'm out tomorrow I'm happy. These plans are only suggestions anyway so if people prefer something else just chip in.

If not, I'll be doing the above but may very well start at about 11.30ish and have a lie in If anyone's interested just message here or text (07728834669). If not, enjoy the weekend
Old 17-05-13, 06:49 PM   #10
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Yeah 10:30 is way to early for me, even I need to sleep a little. 11:30 is do able, but as I've never been there before is there somewhere easier to meet so I can follow you in?

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR