SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-03-08, 10:16 PM   #1
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default One Of My 5 A Day?

As the government is wanting us to easy the burden on the NHS by eating more healthier it got me wondering...

I'm sat here about to open another can of Strongbow. Does this count towards my 5 A Day, or if not how many will I have to drink?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08, 10:40 PM   #2
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Re: One Of My 5 A Day?

another 4?
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08, 10:44 PM   #3
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
As the government is wanting us to easy the burden on the NHS by eating more healthier it got me wondering...

I'm sat here about to open another can of Strongbow. Does this count towards my 5 A Day, or if not how many will I have to drink?

Of course it does... its`s apple isn`t it?? just have another 4 and that`s your 5 a day sorted
Old 17-03-08, 10:54 PM   #4
rob13

You have to have one of each fruit.

How about
Apple Cider
Pear Cider
Glass of Wine (Grapes)
Peach Schnapps
Cointreau (Orange)

5 a day!
Old 18-03-08, 09:12 AM   #5
krhall

Or 4 chocolate oranges washed down with a Magners!
Old 18-03-08, 05:10 PM   #6
MiniMatt

Slight derail, but any economists out there able to answer me whether it really is in the economy's best interest for us to be healthier? Unless immortality is attainable then I'm of the impression that it's actually in the economy's best interest for us all to die about thirty seconds after we retire? Whatever we die of, whether it be tobacco fuelled cancer or potassium deficiency related to five-a-day non compliance don't we all take a good couple of years at the end of our time to die in a fairly expensive way? A healthy lifestyle surely just moves that end date onward 5/10/20 years but is never going to actually erase the end date. And surely all we're doing (from a pure economics view) during those extra years is draining more money from the economy?
Old 18-03-08, 05:18 PM   #7
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
Slight derail, but any economists out there able to answer me whether it really is in the economy's best interest for us to be healthier? Unless immortality is attainable then I'm of the impression that it's actually in the economy's best interest for us all to die about thirty seconds after we retire? Whatever we die of, whether it be tobacco fuelled cancer or potassium deficiency related to five-a-day non compliance don't we all take a good couple of years at the end of our time to die in a fairly expensive way? A healthy lifestyle surely just moves that end date onward 5/10/20 years but is never going to actually erase the end date. And surely all we're doing (from a pure economics view) during those extra years is draining more money from the economy?
yup, that's why the pension age should be changed.
Old 18-03-08, 05:31 PM   #8
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
As the government is wanting us to easy the burden on the NHS by eating more healthier...
nice to see you didn't burden the public school system too much then
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-08, 08:02 PM   #9
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
nice to see you didn't burden the public school system too much then.

I notice you didn't burden it too much either!

Nice to see that you were having a kip during grammar and punctuation.

Last edited by Jester666; 18-03-08 at 08:08 PM.
Old 18-03-08, 08:20 PM   #10
simesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
Recent figures show that smokers and drinkers have lower lifetime health costs. Acute care for cancers and cirrhosis are cheaper than long-term care for age related illnesses like dementia