SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-11-13, 08:42 AM   #1
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default The time has come...

It's time...

A pair of very nice guys came and looked at the bike last night, spent two hours looking at everything and asking loads of questions

Nothing wrong with the bike, as I already knew, price agreed, and tonight I get to make the journey and deliver her to her new owner...

Feels sad and right at the same time, I've done a lot with this bike, and I'm happy to see her go to someone who's obviously going to use her properly

Of course, the sadness of selling your P&J is tinged with the happiness that it's new bike time... I'm not saying anything but it might well not be orange...

Feel free to share your own experiences of buying/selling, your regrets, and if you fancy you can have a guess at what the new bike might be...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 09:26 AM   #2
M65

Default Re: The time has come...

I very recently sold my SV after ownign it from new for 10 happy years. I did everything on that bike and had many a happy time on it. I sold it to a friend of mine so at least I still get to see if from time to time but selling it meant that I could get the bike Id wanted for about five years. Thats why a black GSXR750 now adorns my back yard and makes me feel naughty when I see it!!

Orange bike eh? Hmmm, orange coloured Kwak? More likely a KTM though, yes?
Old 04-11-13, 10:48 AM   #3
Fallout
Mega Poster

I sold my SV to some guy who was a roadie for Jethro Tull. Old boy Harley rider who fancied something lighter and was a proper character. I had a spin on his Harley and didn't get it, unsurprisingly. Sadly he had terminal cancer at the time and died shortly afterwards, but I did manage to get a vid of him driving me home (I delivered the bike) in his hand made (not a kit) one off car. You get a taste for his character in the vid. Really the most pleasant sale you could hope for.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 11:15 AM   #4
rb8989

That car is the nuts. The old guy is one of a kind, proper old school engineer.
Old 04-11-13, 12:47 PM   #5
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I sold my T5 Classic scooter via an ad on the postcard board at Sainsbury's to a young guy who lived near my flat. He came round with a mate and said he used to see me tearing about on it and said he wanted one as he couldn't afford a car but didn't want a chav bike, and then lo and behold he spotted the very one in a pic at the supermarket so was very happy.

I think after Christmas I shall have another bike in my garage. This one...

The nephew has outgrown it but told me he's not getting rid of it and he's going to park it between the SV and the XJR 'as Auntie Clare and Uncle Doodie don't ride those either' (he has a point and he doesn't know yet I've already bought him a larger one with Father Christmas delivering it).
Old 04-11-13, 01:34 PM   #6
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
It's time...

I'm not saying anything but it might well not be orange...
I was in a particular shop in Swindon at the weekend.

There was a distinct lack of Orange. Sorry.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 02:49 PM   #7
Fallout
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb8989 View Post
That car is the nuts. The old guy is one of a kind, proper old school engineer.
He was a legend. The nice twist to that story is after he died one of his friends got in touch with me to tell me (someone he was trying to get me to buy a bike from!). Neither him nor his Mrs new I'd made this video and it's the only footage they have of him alive and apparently it was a floods of tears moment when they saw it.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 11:18 PM   #8
rb8989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
He was a legend. The nice twist to that story is after he died one of his friends got in touch with me to tell me (someone he was trying to get me to buy a bike from!). Neither him nor his Mrs new I'd made this video and it's the only footage they have of him alive and apparently it was a floods of tears moment when they saw it.
Nice one mate it captures him well. It's a shame people like him don't get on tv, instead we get tim westwood pretending he knows anything about pimping cars out.

On topic, regret selling my sv in a lot of ways as it did everything so well, but I was offered a fair bit more than I paid and I was yearning for more power.

Thinking of getting an rsv mille next as I miss the twins.
Old 05-11-13, 12:38 AM   #9
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
I was in a particular shop in Swindon at the weekend.

There was a distinct lack of Orange. Sorry.
Yep, I spotted it dropping off their website last week...

There's a distinct shade of white at a large dealer in Bristol, also a large amount of optimistic pricing!!!
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 08:49 AM   #10
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
I sold my SV to some guy who was a roadie for Jethro Tull. Old boy Harley rider who fancied something lighter and was a proper character. I had a spin on his Harley and didn't get it, unsurprisingly. Sadly he had terminal cancer at the time and died shortly afterwards, but I did manage to get a vid of him driving me home (I delivered the bike) in his hand made (not a kit) one off car. You get a taste for his character in the vid. Really the most pleasant sale you could hope for.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
Mate that's brilliant, massive respect to you for doing that, he sounded a top bloke.

My neighbour in his 80's is the same breed as this guy, he's restored so many old classic bikes, was a maintenance guy in the forces, maintenance foreman at a car manufacturer for 30 years.

I could talk to him for ages, he's fascinated by my modern bikes and always comes round when I'm out on the drive.

Sorry for derail tlw, good news on the sale of the adv

Last edited by Specialone; 05-11-13 at 01:42 PM.