SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 19-05-12, 05:43 PM   #1
Runako

Default Life in this section

Saw two SV's on road the other week, another two at Llandow and I know someone on here with one but the Wales banter/convo is pretty dead. Is there no one riding their bikes for fun in Cardiff/Wales?

If so, share your experience or lets get some local rideouts going. I'm bored and the weather's not that bad. Entertain me god dammit!
Old 19-05-12, 07:16 PM   #2
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: Life in this section

used to be good events right from down here to Wales and across the west. started to tail off beginning last year and this year there is nothing.

my excuse is i generally have been busy this year and last with work ect, i used to attend most evening meets every week but i dont have the time as of late

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-12, 09:24 AM   #3
Runako

That's fair enough. I just can't imagine why people are less active/vocal on here when all the northern or even London sections are always doing something. In theory we have better routes and roads to ride on, loads of places to see. Yet I do more meets and rideouts with other groups that are not on here. Just puzzling.

Also, we have two accessible tracks in Wales yet i've never seen another Org member from this section at one. I did meet a guy with another SV and he opened my eyes as to how the standard bike can be ridden to the edge on track and it was a pleasure, so it can't be because everyone uses the bike just for commuting.

On that note, I'm going to France in a couple of weeks. Anyone fancy a rideout?
Old 20-05-12, 10:54 AM   #4
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
I just can't imagine why people are less active/vocal on here when all the northern or even London sections are always doing something.
We need someone to organise things. Thank you for volunteering for that position.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-12, 10:57 AM   #5
Runako

Haha, I doubt anyone would come! I'm not a fair weather rider and will go out in most things. As we speak I can see some blue peeking through the heavy clouds so I will be going up to Brecon after the MotoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
We need someone to organise things. Thank you for volunteering for that position.
Old 20-05-12, 12:12 PM   #6
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Don't assume things like that. MoFo's are accustomed to the climate. However, myself, I'm in the orifice today as I was yesterday so no fun for me...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
Old 20-05-12, 12:51 PM   #7
Runako

Rossi is a BOSS!!!
Old 20-05-12, 02:36 PM   #8
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

dont listen to squirrel bummer as he is literally that. he is also on the "register" so I'd be careful.

i did try and organise a track day at castle combe year before last (i think). But allas despite loads of interest only metalhead and nick-69 booked on. So when i tend to want to go out for a blast for the day, i do it by phone so i get answers. Nothing personal, i just dont want squirell bummer coming.

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-12, 03:53 PM   #9
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

WB, I fully understand your point of view. However I would like to correct you, I'm no longer on the "register" I paid a shady bloke in a pub £50 to take me off of it.

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
Old 20-05-12, 04:35 PM   #10
Runako

Haha, do you guys need some time alone?

Fair play WB. Just come back from Abergavenny and there were about 70 bikes there at the usual spot. GSXR's, Harleys, R1's, ZX1000's etc etc ... but only one other SV

Cracking weather for the most part, so where was everyone (apart from your good selves of course)? I will take your advice though and try to organise a rideout for next weekend (weather permitting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
WB, I fully understand your point of view. However I would like to correct you, I'm no longer on the "register" I paid a shady bloke in a pub £50 to take me off of it.