SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-12-11, 12:16 PM   #1
collis

Default Bike Insurance renewall

Grrr
It's that time again, insurance is due for renewal, comparing confused meerkats in the supermarket etc...

....was something I have not done,
Had a plesent call from Swinton (my broker) yesterday, and not only has the price dropped from £30/month down to £22/month but i'm also getting £50 back in my pocket after the policy has been inforce for 3 months.

Must say i was plesently suprised that christmas has come early for me as i was expecting to have to *ahem*lube up and take it like a man when the insurance came for renewall.

OK, I do have 1 year no claims now and also had my license for nearly 8 years and the bike is kept in the house and not in a damp and cold garage etc but all that makes no difference in price these days.

Shout if christmas has come early for you too

A good boy this year.
Honest, officer.
Old 19-12-11, 12:26 PM   #2
metalangel

Default Re: Bike Insurance renewall

Keep that lube in place if you're insured with Swinton, they'll find another way to get you.

Good that not everyone is being done over high insurance costs though!
Old 19-12-11, 12:28 PM   #3
collis

yeah, all the other features they keep trying to get me to add on, i keep taking the 3 months free then cancel them
Old 19-12-11, 02:24 PM   #4
Reeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by collis View Post
Shout if christmas has come early for you too

A good boy this year.
Honest, officer.

I got my first ever wave goodbye from my nephew Logan today at lunch time. That made me feel all warm and fuzzy
Old 19-12-11, 03:26 PM   #5
Dipper

Got my renewall from Swinton in November, had increased from £65 to £120. Peeved I made a visit to the fat opera singer where Swinton were quoting £58, a Topcashback and Swinton Casback later and they paid me 52p for a years insurance and they gave me 3 months breakdown for nowt too, makes a nice change to lube those boys up.....
Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-11, 04:06 PM   #6
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
Got my renewall from Swinton in November, had increased from £65 to £120. Peeved I made a visit to the fat opera singer where Swinton were quoting £58, a Topcashback and Swinton Casback later and they paid me 52p for a years insurance and they gave me 3 months breakdown for nowt too, makes a nice change to lube those boys up.....
jack *******!!

Mine went down from £41 p/m tpft to £38 p/m FC with swintons plus the £50 cashback

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-11, 05:19 PM   #7
Dipper

No bull, tp only, bike only worth £800 but alot more broken for spares, 46 years old, annual premium £58.48 cashbacks £59 and I thought I'd done well the year before when I paid £2.56! One of the few advantages of being old and having a cheap bike.
Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-11, 05:23 PM   #8
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by collis View Post
yeah, all the other features they keep trying to get me to add on, i keep taking the 3 months free then cancel them
Yep bleedy Swinton & their add ons. I keep cancelling them too
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-11, 06:06 PM   #9
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

I was once insured with Swinton. Never again. After an accident they were not interested or at all helpful which left me out of pocket. But on the plus side every couple of months for about a year they would phone up to see if they could claim for whiplash for me and the other passengers in the car. Trouble was it was just me. Uninjured. On my bike.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-11, 07:19 PM   #10
chrisinflight

Swinton- bahhhhh! I cant wait till my first year runs out with them. Never again will I deal with a company who completely ignores you. Keep a regular check on your bank account for sneaky charges. Oh and they dont have a customer complaints department. Well done with getting a lower premium though!
chris