SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-02-10, 01:26 PM   #1
BanditPat

Default Vfr750 rc30

How difficult are RC30's to come accross? Looking on auto trader and eBay i just couldn't find one. Im guessing that they cost a fair whack as well?
Old 23-02-10, 01:31 PM   #2
suzsv650

Default Re: VFR750's

There was one in fowlers a while back, tit was ~£14,000. Lovely bike i did a little sex wee.
Old 23-02-10, 01:59 PM   #3
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Until very recently Doble had a brand new RC30 for sale, a snip at £24995.00. They also had listed a RC35 for £24995.00.

Not sure why they aren’t on the site currently; might have been sold, but if you are after one then give them a call.

I do know of the location of a RC30 in a showroom in Bristol. It sits next to an OW01. Neither are for sale however as they both belong to the owner…

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-10, 02:03 PM   #4
ThEGr33k

They are slightly on the expensive side... Sucks dont it. Get a 400, looks the same and sounds the same, just not as much poke.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 23-02-10 at 02:08 PM.
Old 23-02-10, 02:13 PM   #5
suzsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
I do know of the location of a RC30 in a showroom in Bristol. It sits next to an OW01. Neither are for sale however as they both belong to the owner…
Is this not fowlers i've seen both in fowlups.

I went for a interview at Fowlups once i went into the board room it had old race leathers everywhere amazing place.
Old 23-02-10, 02:15 PM   #6
Alpinestarhero

Expensive. Beautiful. Rare. Gorgeous.

If you can afford one and you will ACCTUALLY RIDE IT AND NOT STICK IT IN YOUR LIVING ROOM then go for it. I would love to own one, it would become like a son to me, I would love it and cherish it and let it sleep at the foot of the bed. And I'd ride it every single dry day that the good lord provides

(if i do ever get to afford an RC30, I am willing to accept that there is a god)

BanditPat, why do you want one?
Old 23-02-10, 02:27 PM   #7
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650 View Post
Quote:
Is this not fowlers i've seen both in fowlups.
Nope, Speedwell Motorcycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650 View Post
I went for a interview at Fowlups once i went into the board room it had old race leathers everywhere amazing place.
Was that in the old building?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-10, 02:30 PM   #8
fastdruid
Mega Poster

Ebay, MCN, usual places. They can be found if you want one enough but they are 20 years old and while quite a few have been made the majority left are 'classics' and treated as such. I was offered one at the MotoGP, ISTR he wanted 14k for it.

Druid
Old 23-02-10, 02:32 PM   #9
suzsv650

Quote:
Nope, Speedwell Motorcycles.

Was that in the old building?

Not sure if it’s the old or the new building, its where they keep all their parts... massive place
Old 23-02-10, 03:01 PM   #10
BanditPat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
They are slightly on the expensive side... Sucks dont it. Get a 400, looks the same and sounds the same, just not as much poke.

It seems they are slightly on the expensive side I dont think the 400 has enough in it grunt wise. Thought the RC30's might not be that much more than an NC30 then it would have been perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinestarhero View Post
Expensive. Beautiful. Rare. Gorgeous.

If you can afford one and you will ACCTUALLY RIDE IT AND NOT STICK IT IN YOUR LIVING ROOM then go for it. I would love to own one, it would become like a son to me, I would love it and cherish it and let it sleep at the foot of the bed. And I'd ride it every single dry day that the good lord provides

(if i do ever get to afford an RC30, I am willing to accept that there is a god)

BanditPat, why do you want one?

I don't really know I like the look of them I suppose. Quite fancied a NC30 for a while but i want something with a bit more oomphh If i could afford an RC30 i would get one in a second. I guess I better start playing the lottery.