SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-09-09, 11:08 PM   #1
Beenz

Default Farewell MT-03

After 2 cracking years the time came to say fairwell to my MT-03. Incredible handling and amazing fun on the tight twisties. If you get a chance to try one do it. After nearly every ride I got of the bike grinning like some sort of crazy loon. A cracking bike that served me well but the desire for something a tad light and more peaky to complement my Bandit 1250GT was missing since I sold the gixer thou last year.

So goodby to the MT

... and welcome FZ6 S2 (pic taken after the 25 mile ride home from the dealer)

After 650 miles since I picked her up on Tuesday the engine is really freeing up a treat. A real hoot of a bike thats great to hoon on the twisties with a riding position that is both comfortable and easy for motorway work. Chicken strips as good as gone and the grin is fantastic.
Old 06-09-09, 11:38 PM   #2
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Farewell MT-03

Two years. It seams like only yesterday you picked it up, hope its gone to a good home.

As for the new saddle, looks nice. When are we going to see it in the flesh?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 11:47 PM   #3
Beenz

Well I'm off on hols this week (assuming that I don't get dragged back into work) so possibly a Thursday MoFo meet?
Old 07-09-09, 08:34 AM   #4
Skip
Mega Poster

Nice bike - both of them Is it true what all the magazines say about the FZ6 having absolutely no bottom end? I am guessing not seeing as you bought one!
Old 07-09-09, 02:04 PM   #5
Beenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Nice bike - both of them Is it true what all the magazines say about the FZ6 having absolutely no bottom end? I am guessing not seeing as you bought one!
I was a tad concerned about what the mags said as well. I rode one back to back with a Gladys where rev per rev the yam was lacking however if you consider where midrange is with regard to where full power is on both bikes then no it isn't that much in it. Let the FZ spin and it just takes off.

I just wanted a fun light bike that would kick out power enough to overtake easilly at higher speeds (the MT could not). I didn't want a sports bike due to the riding position and the licence denting properties. The naked FZ ticked all the boxes, well finished, good chassis, comfortable and definitely a fun engine with nigh on 100 ponies. 6000 mile service intervals with valves that don't need touching till 24K should keep the running costs down as well. So far getting over 50mpg.
Old 07-09-09, 02:11 PM   #6
DanAbnormal

Coo, the MT3 isn't a looker though is it?

Never thought about an FZ as all the mags said they were gutless. I guess they are too used to litre sportsbikes though!
Old 07-09-09, 04:04 PM   #7
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

ahh love the FZ6

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote