SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-11-11, 11:16 PM   #1
The Idle Biker

Default Death metal - the origins

Was this it? The dance on 45 secs is one the devil would worship.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

If this wasn't it, when was it?
Old 10-11-11, 11:22 PM   #2
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Death metal - the origins

Never mind the dancing, the opening seconds of the song reminded me with some vigor that the volume on my laptop was set to 11.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 11:29 PM   #3
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Jayne will give the best answer

Wiki gives this

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_metal
Emergence and early history
English heavy metal band Venom, from Newcastle, crystallized the elements of what later became known as thrash metal, death metal and black metal, with their 1981 album Welcome to Hell.[14] Their dark, blistering sound, harsh vocals, and macabre, proudly Satanic imagery proved a major inspiration for extreme metal bands.[15] Another highly influential band, Slayer, formed in 1981. Although the band was a thrash metal act, Slayer's music was more violent than their thrash contemporaries Metallica, Megadeth and Exodus.[16] Their breakneck speed and instrumental prowess combined with lyrics about death, violence, war and Satanism won Slayer a rabid cult following.[17] According to Allmusic, Slayer's third album Reign in Blood "inspired the entire death metal genre".[18] It had a big impact on the genre leaders.[16]
The accepted is Slayer at commercial, but its a bit of Black Sabbath, Motorhead (who invented speed metal with Overkill and the double base Drums) and any of the 70's rock and metal bands as they all played a part.

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 11:40 PM   #4
The Idle Biker

70's rock? Even Sweet? haha you better watch out, you better beware, you better watch out if you've got long blonde hair, oooowahhhhhh