SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-04-12, 08:31 AM   #51
speedplay

Default Re: Test ride challenge

Bloody hell, I think Lenny has an admirer...
Old 23-04-12, 08:39 AM   #52
SUPERSTARDJ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
Bloody hell, I think Lenny has an admirer...
Old 23-04-12, 01:55 PM   #53
L3nny
Mega Poster

I have plenty mate, I really want to test ride some beemers. But getting fed up of having to clean the gixxer every time I go out cause of the rain. On nights this week so may be able to squeeze in a quick ride one afternoon.

Can't believe they gave you £10 for petrol, I have had to pay for the petrol myself on most of the rides I have done.
Old 23-04-12, 09:26 PM   #54
Kyleton7

Wish I could
Get some test rides. Only private dealers round here , except gs motorcycles , hmmm b-king , they prob wouldn't let me on it lol
Old 24-04-12, 04:59 PM   #55
L3nny
Mega Poster

Normally you have to be over 25 and had your licence for more than 2 years with less than 6 points on it. Just so you are covered by their insurance.
Old 24-04-12, 10:35 PM   #56
ravingdavis

I would love to have a go on the new Fireblade, I rode the old one and thought it was superb if a little characterless. I have an email from a local dealer offering a test ride, I might have to take them up on it.
Old 25-04-12, 04:15 PM   #57
Rowan207

Keep it up, really enjoying the reviews. This has just tided me over to 5:15 home time. Fingers crossed the rain holds off fro another hour or two and I might even get a ride in this evening.
Old 25-04-12, 05:54 PM   #58
sunshine

Do curtoresy bikes count? otherwise im currently on 2500 miles on 20 bikes this year already....
Old 25-04-12, 05:56 PM   #59
Runako

Keep it up, really looking forward to the next instalment.

I tried the 2012 FB, this was my 1st ever test ride on my 1st ever IL4. My thoughts. I'm 6' 3"/4". The bike felt like a toy, it was so compact compared to the SV. With helmet on I tried to look down and around and almost missed the bike when sat 'on top' of it.

Had it for 1 hr and it was comfortable. SUspension great, brakes great. Engine/Gearbox? As smooth as a man who's just used VEET hair removal cream and then rubbed in some baby oil unto his Crown Jewels. Was doing clutchless upshifts in no time. Engine breaking is negligable so took a lot of getting used to from the SV.

Power delivery was so smooth no matter if low down or spinning it up. Was terrified when I first went on that I would twist the throttle and it would reach for the sky but it was so precise and linear that you could probably drive it steady with your right boot.

All in all, too small for me as this affected handling. Too much on top of the bars and could't flick it as easily because my knees were in the way. Great bike though (not a great price @ £11,000+)!
Old 25-04-12, 09:14 PM   #60
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
Do curtoresy bikes count? otherwise im currently on 2500 miles on 20 bikes this year already....
Nice. What have you had?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote