SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-08, 09:08 PM   #1
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default DataTool System 3 Problems

Well as the title suggests I have a little problem with my alarm...

The background: I parked my old SV up 2 months ago and have done nothing to it since getting my new one. However I'm sure that the reg/ rec has gone in my new one thus I want the reg/ rec out of my old one.

The problem: The alarm will not disarm. I have tried both key fobs and nothing. There is no radio interference as its in my garage and never given a problem before, besides the Viteo in the new machine works fine. I have access to the alarm unit as I took the rear seat off and it gave me a couple of warning bleeps, but it will not disarm!

The battery is showing 12.5 amps so down but not out. Looking at the manual it says I can disarm it using my PIN, however I do not know what it is and fear it may never have been set. So what is the recommendation?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 09:43 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: DataTool System 3 Problems

Liz has a system 3 on her Duke, if we dont start it for ages the alarm goes into "sleep" mode. I wander if yours has done the same.

What I do when it goes into sleep mode, is to turn the ignition on and then the alarm will sound and then you can disarm the alarm with the keyfob in the normal way.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 09:47 PM   #3
DoubleD

my alarm goes into 'sleep' mode and to get it to wakeup I have turn the ignition on then press the button on the fob to turn it off.

HTH

EDIT: must type faster
Old 24-04-08, 09:48 PM   #4
popeye

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the key fob?
Old 24-04-08, 10:11 PM   #5
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Liz has a system 3 on her Duke, if we dont start it for ages the alarm goes into "sleep" mode. I wander if yours has done the same.

What I do when it goes into sleep mode, is to turn the ignition on and then the alarm will sound and then you can disarm the alarm with the keyfob in the normal way.
+1
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 10:13 PM   #6
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

The 'Sleep' mode sounds an interesting lead...

Its late so I think I'll save the neighbors, for now. However if I do set it off and I fail to deactivate it, how long will it go on for, and what size hammer would be recommended to stop the noise?

Further I don't think its the fob batteries as I tried both at all ranges including right next to the alarm box. The spare has only ever been used once and they both flash brightly.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
Old 24-04-08, 10:17 PM   #7
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
The 'Sleep' mode sounds an interesting lead...

Its late so I think I'll save the neighbors, for now. However if I do set it off and I fail to deactivate it, how long will it go on for, and what size hammer would be recommended to stop the noise?

Further I don't think its the fob batteries as I tried both at all ranges including right next to the alarm box. The spare has only ever been used once and they both flash brightly.
I hadn't touched my bike for 4 months, tried the key fob, all flashed OK but nothing. Went and used the spare fob, same. Put the key in and set the alarm off, and disabled it straight away. I think for sure it is this.

Just pick the right time of day just incase .... how much juice left in the battery? You could be making a noise for a while LOL (joke)
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 10:21 PM   #8
TEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
how long will it go on for....

about 30 seconds, then re-sets itself (i think)
Old 24-04-08, 11:38 PM   #9
Lozzo

I have a simple solution, I remove every alarm that comes fitted to bikes I buy. When looking for a new bike, the fact that it has an alarm makes it less attractive to me and I budget for a replacement wiring loom when negotiating a price.

I hate the poxy things because they really are useless and will break down and leave you stranded at the roadside, especially if they have Datatool written anywhere on them.
Old 25-04-08, 08:39 PM   #10
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Project wake the neighborhood was a complete success. Set the alarm of and the key fob worked again. This meant that I could get to the reg/ rec of the bike and swap them over.

The bad new is I fear the reg/ rec is not the problem in this instance, I'm close to giving up.

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR