SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-06-05, 05:59 PM   #1
Mr P

Default Hugger Fitted - rear brake hose question.

Fitted new Pyramid hugger this afternoon (no problems, all lined up perfectly), but had to take off the little 'clip' thing that guided the rear brake hose, so now this is on the outside of the hugger but not clipped.

Presumably this is all fine (as hose can't get caught in back wheel etc) but just wanted to check if anyone has done anything with it?

Ta.
Old 26-06-05, 06:17 PM   #2
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Check that it doesn't get to close to the exhaust. My pipe has melted the outer plastic bit, but the actual hose is in tact... for now

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-05, 08:15 PM   #3
Well Oiled

I fitted a hugger recently. Does yours have a bracket that uses the same bolt as the hose clip? I just put the bolt through both clip and bracket holes so they are both in place.

Cheers Keith
Old 27-06-05, 08:32 AM   #4
Mr P

Quote:
Does yours have a bracket that uses the same bolt as the hose clip? I just put the bolt through both clip and bracket holes so they are both in place.
No, the bracket required the hoseclip to be removed completely. No to worry, it seems Ok, was just wondering if anybody had bothered to secure it again.

Thanks.
Old 27-06-05, 10:14 AM   #5
minky

Get yorself a stainless 'p' clip and use that. I can get the size off mine if you need to mail-order one. It's worth it for the peace of mind if you ask me

Old 29-06-05, 06:01 AM   #6
REW

Is that a Pyramid Hugger Minky? Looks a quality item...

Where do you buy stainless P clips etc from?
Old 29-06-05, 07:44 AM   #7
minky

It's an ErmaxUK hugger but I wouldn't reccomend them They were a bugger to deal with. Fitted OK though.

I got the p clips from a show, always buy a handful when I'm there but I'm sure M&P etc would stock them.