SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 08-12-06, 04:32 PM   #1
philh

Default Taunton Christmas Drinks 16th December 2pm Perkin Warbeck

Just saw this;

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=48818

Bit too far away for me, in this weather at least! The guy's and gal's over at www.southwestbikers.com are having a Christmas munchie tonight that I unfortunately found out about too late to join in.

Who would be up for a little gathering to slurp some Christmas drinkie-poos in or near Exeter? Maybe next weekend? If so, where? I'm not clued up on the more biker-friendly pubs... Would be good to meet some local SV-ers!
Old 10-12-06, 08:32 PM   #2
Normski

We could maybe push the boat out a little and ride up to Taunton or similar and see if some of the Bristol or Wilts members would like to join us. Failing that is the Showman on Cowick Street too close to home
Old 10-12-06, 10:49 PM   #3
Beenz

I like the idea of a SWS drinkies, one here from Wilts is up for it. Need to firm up the date/time/venue and see who else is game.
Old 11-12-06, 10:35 AM   #4
philh

Hi Normski. Good to see you on here, hope your keeping well. I was going to give you a ring but you've found my thread now. The Showman is just a two minute walk from my door, so (depending on the weather ) I'd prefer a ride to Taunton! This'll make you happy too I guess Beenz.

I remember The Showman when it was The Road House. The rows of scruffy (& not so scuffy) cruisers that you used to see outside has been replaced by rows of invalid carriages on Sundays when the old folks turn out for the roast dinner!

As for date/time/venue, is this weekend too soon? I'm clueless on good pubs in Taunton. Not much help am I?
Old 11-12-06, 08:29 PM   #5
Normski

I don't think this weekend would be too soon, any later would get swamped in the xmas rush.

Does anyone favour daytime or evening? Nicer riding in daylight but maybe harder to get away.

Meet wouldn't have to be strictly Taunton - we could go A303 and more easterly or A38 and northerly - or whatever, if it helped to meet up with others.
I think we should plan loosely and then confirm towards the end of the week.

Beenz, where in Wilts is Nam?
Old 11-12-06, 10:58 PM   #6
philh

Sounds good to me Normski! Daytime or evening, either gets my vote. Daytime is a bit better though I guess.

Maybe just firming up on the day, Sat or Sun, would be helpful. Just so that I can let the missus know to not schedule in DIY... Not critical though.

Hope some others can make it, be good to meet up. Ha! no offence Norm. I'll catch you before the off and we'll ride up together if you like.
Old 11-12-06, 11:29 PM   #7
Beenz

I don't mind the dark that much, or the cold that much, I don't even mind the wet too much but I can honestly say that I do not really dig the cold wet darkness on a bike

In a nutshell daytime would be better for me, could to with the rest of the SWS Brizzle lot to share thoughts also though.
Old 11-12-06, 11:44 PM   #8
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Day light would be best, so would a bike that worked.

Post up a firm time and place and I will see what excuses I can think up

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-06, 01:03 PM   #9
philh

I'll start the bidding at Sunday, 13:00. Destination undefined as I don't know Taunton or anywhere else too well! Do I need a passport?
Old 12-12-06, 07:28 PM   #10
Normski

In Zummerset you need a good head for cider! :P but no passport. (yet)

Do we want to meet at pub or cafe?

I know the Taunton area a bit so could suggest a venue, but I'd rather wait and see who may want to come along and maybe fine tune where we meet to suit.

Forecast online for Saturday not too bad, Sunday's not up yet, but they haven't yet been right this year!