SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 18-04-09, 07:23 PM   #11
glade

Default Re: Wiltshire Bike Meets

I heard that Red lion is not BBQing to discourage bikers this year.

George White are advertising a "Club Night" at their store. Burger van and cafe open. No idea what that would be like.

haven't been on the wiltshire bikers forum for a while but they'd know... think i'll have a little browse.

www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-09, 11:03 PM   #12
bikerboy998

This is a ride out I run twice a year all welcome
Attached Files
File Type: doc Aug Wilts Dorset SV Forum Ride out 2008 1a 2009.doc (30.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 19-04-09, 07:01 AM   #13
5tu

Monday is Lysley Arms meet
Tuesday is Poole
Wednesday you have a choice or ride to all! George Whites, MermaidBikers (Mermaid Inn), Swindon Rideout Club (Running Horse) or every couple of weeks Castle Coombe Circuit
Thursday- Salutation Inn - Castle Coombe WiltshireBikers meet
Friday - night off so keep partners happy(ish)
Saturday and Sunday - a few groups meet at GW's for coffe and rideout - or check the sites for reg meets and rides
Old 19-04-09, 04:47 PM   #14
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glade View Post
I heard that Red lion is not BBQing to discourage bikers this year.

George White are advertising a "Club Night" at their store. Burger van and cafe open. No idea what that would be like.
Ah the Red Lion... The last I heard was when the pub changed hands they had to reapply for their license, they got it with the condition not to hold the Wednesday bike meet as the Police were fed up of policing it. Thus there is no BBQ. However you try telling everybody not to go to a pub which is open. I'm told its still on but not officially. This information was given to me by a regular.

As for George Whites "Club Night" I went once a couple of weeks ago, completely on accident as I was picking up parts on the way home. The burger van was burgering but there weren't that many there, could have been because it was only 5:15 and I wasn't hanging around. Might be a replacement for the Red Lion?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-09, 08:45 PM   #15
SVNewbieGirl

Popped by the Red Lion tonight, was pretty empty, no BBQ, but no cops unlike last week when I hear they were pulling every single bike. Went to Mermaid Inn afterwards - that was much better. Got there at gone 8 and it was still pretty busy, can highly reccommend the burgers too!!

Last edited by SVNewbieGirl; 29-04-09 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelt things wrong - didn't make sense
Old 29-04-09, 10:41 PM   #16
Gerry

The George at Longbridge Deverill (just south of Warminster) seems to have a small but growing group of bikers meeting on a Tuesday evening.

The pubs got a big car park and lost of nice riverside tables.

I live five mins away and see them as I go out Tuesday night.

Just for your info....

Cheers
G
Old 04-05-09, 02:31 PM   #17
B Kay

Hi, I've just joined the site and am a complete novice to the world of bike forums so I hope this gets posted in the right section. I'm interested in the Castle Combe Thursday evening meetings. Do they happen every Thursday and at what time? Should I just turn up one evening and hope for the best?

Old 04-05-09, 03:48 PM   #18
cuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Kay View Post
Hi, I've just joined the site and am a complete novice to the world of bike forums so I hope this gets posted in the right section. I'm interested in the Castle Combe Thursday evening meetings. Do they happen every Thursday and at what time? Should I just turn up one evening and hope for the best?

AFAIK, the Salutation meets are every week, these were originally set up by the wiltshire bikers forum, i don't think it's a massive meet, but might be worth popping along.

PS: Welcome.

Last edited by cuffy; 04-05-09 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-05-09, 11:24 PM   #19
oliciv

I have been going to the meets at the Mermaid on Wednesdays and can definitely recommend them - great food and a friendly crowd

Also went to the bike night at the Moonrakers in Devizes last Sunday (following a WiltshireRiders rideout) and will certainly return there again.