SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-10-15, 10:19 AM   #11
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Re: Your first post on the .ORG

August 2005...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Hi, Newcomer to the site, so please forgive me if this has been answered hundreds of times before. I tried to search and turned up nothing.

I've got a 2001 K1. Runs a treat usually, but occasionally just dies. Goes from fine to dead. Pull the clutch, hit the starter and starts again instantly. Not on choke, not cold/damp/foggy, plenty of fuel. I've tried raising the tick-over to 1500 but still does it. Any ideas?

Also, I get a backfire from time to time. Usually if I've been using the engine to brake then pull in clutch and blip throttle, get a backfire but sounds more like coming from carbs rather than exhaust but could be mistaken.

Recently replaced airfilter, made no difference to either fault. Plugs look good, tried many brands of fuel including shell super dooper stuff.

Any pointers greatfully received.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-15, 12:06 PM   #12
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
About 20 minutes.More like 30 by the time I make this keyboard work
That was my first post in reply to a "How long have you been on the org" thread.Nearly eleven years ago now-------
Old 16-10-15, 02:30 PM   #13
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

08-07-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Hi I just joined. I'm looking for a SV650S 2002 onwards (the pointy version). Fully faired, but I'm not bothered about extras. Preferably in silver. About the £2-3000 mark
It's a tall order I know, but if anyone knows of anything going please let me know.
By the way I am in the Dundee area
Turns out it wasn't that tall
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-15, 06:25 PM   #14
Bluepete
Mega Poster

3rd September 2005.

Hey everyone, have to admit to being a bit of a lurker for a month. Had my SV 3 weeks now, just had the first service, double bubble screen added and a CCC stainless can ordered!
Had a trip over to Settle and beyond as a first ride out after the service, blew me away! WHY DID I NOT DO THIS BEFORE? 33 now and not even thinking of growing up!

Ten years on, I'm bikeless. Pooooo.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-15, 06:45 PM   #15
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

May 2005...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Dudes need your advice on this…

Got a ‘99 SV650s covered 33,000 miles 2nd engine (top yer oil up ) and I’m getting starting and battery problems and was wondering if anyone else has had this/ after some advice.

Sometimes I can press and hold the starter button for approx 30secs and nothing happens, then it finally starts. Sometimes it will start first time. Don’t think it’s the switch as it does not seam to matter if I move the handle bars (same sort of prob with a TZR some years back). Not tested the switch yet cause the wires are a little hard to trace and the Haynes manual had me looking under the air box for a connector block! Would I be right in thinking it could be the starter relay (located under the right mini side panel with the green cover on) being corroded or having a bad connection? It looks like a full day to get the little box out and to test it. Would do a straight replace but Suzuki want £50 for it!!!

Also my bike seams to eat batteries, 2 so far. First was the original, then the replacement lasted 2 months, now the current one refused to start the bike on Thursday. It kept turning but nothing happened and I finally got the buzzing from said box above, though I think this is unrelated to that problem. So when I get home from work in the eve I switch it on and it starts first time! Took the battery out and charged it from 12.8 but it is only holding at about 13.0 but started first time the next day, and this has happened before with the same battery. I use the bike every day so it’s not a storage problem.

Has anyone else experienced these?

Cheers
It all started with a starting problem. And I may have been a little liberal with the engine count, my memory is hazy. I do still own the bike in question and one day it will roll again.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-15, 07:21 PM   #16
ethariel

Soho Massive 17/08/05

Yeppers, but prolly 1900 - 1930 ish arrival......(Work Willing)

--------------------------

In those day's it was BUSY down there
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-15, 10:47 PM   #17
chris8886
Mega Poster

no idea how i go about finding it! lol
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-15, 10:59 PM   #18
Fordward

21/06/06 On a thread where someone was asking where to buy Fieldsheer gear.

Quote:
Try http://www.fieldsheerdirect.com/

Never bought from them though so can't tell you any more than the web address.

Fieldsheer doesn't seem to be one of the well known/highly regarded brands in the UK. It's better known in America.

I can tell you though my fieldsheer stuff performs better after a full days riding in heavy rain than my Belstaff gear. It doesn't breath as well though so you can get a bit of dampness from sweat, but no obvious wet patches on clothes underneath.

I think the separate zip out membrane makes the difference made of gore-tex type stuff, rather than trying to incorporate this into the construction of the gear.
Old 17-10-15, 12:04 PM   #19
mattSV
Mega Poster

28 April 2001I posted this:

- Re: Re: Attention Gary Copeland Mattsv Matthew Munday 326 2001-04-28

Mattsv(Matthew Munday) wrote (14:20:21):
Des105 (Des105) wrote:

>joycec (Colin Joyce) wrote:
>
>>Gary>
>>I was thinking of trading my old 99 SV's in for an SP1, Ducati 996 or Aprilla RSV but you traded down from the SP1 to an SV which is a real shock to me.
>
>There is another board reader who has an RSV (among others) who now also has an SV, it would seem we converted him. I think we all know who I'm talking of ;^) hmmmm J?

No idea WTF that was about, other than I think I was talking about Jorge who owned Renegade exhausts...

I think I actually first joined the Org in about April 2000 but this is the earliest post I could find on the old neoboard archive...
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-15, 08:58 PM   #20
garynortheast
Mega Poster

The little gixer is still sitting in my garage awaiting restoration and the SV now has 66000 miles on the clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for a first post but here goes anyway.

My little gixer 400 has been awarded the status of "long term restoration project" and is now sitting on paddock stands in my garage awaiting attention. I need a bike again so after a good look around and a bit of a think I've just bought a fully faired SV650S 2000 model in pretty reasonable condition. It has the inevitable crack in the fairing where it's toppled over at some point and landed on the indicator but aside from that is looking pretty good with just 19000 on the clock.
It looks to be just what I need for a spot of European and GB touring, weekend rides and as a commuter for getting back and forth to uni when I start my IT degree later this year.

I'm off to collect it on Wednesday so I'll post some pics up when I get it. I shall undoubtedly have questions about it once I've got it back home so hopefully some of you good people on here will have some answers for me.

In the meantime I look forward to getting to know you all.

Gary.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote